Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Checked with CC today and apparently I can take our puppy Kobi OUT off the UK for free on E T but have to pay £30 from France back to UK. bit off scam a he doesn't even get out off the van. I dare say its the cost off checking his chip and pin!!!

On the P&O ferry its £30 but £15 each way

If this is the case its E T out and P&O back home
Anyone have different views on these figures:Eeek:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We like the Eurotunnel for pets mainly because you stay with your animal. As regards the £30 cost, when you consider what it must cost to run the facility, you may not think the cost is excessive, or maybe you do. But it works out the same if you use the same route for both ways, and what does it cost any of the ferry companies for you to leave your pet in the vehicle?

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Eurotunnel pet admin office.jpg
    Eurotunnel pet admin office.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
TESCO vouchers verse Caravan Club

We recently cashed in £30 of TESCO vouchers for a £90 voucher for the tunnel On the TESCO website the cost was £93 comparing it to the CC at £74-- bit off a difference. OK I know the TESCO voucher was free-ish but have now to wait 14 days before I can book the tunnel thro TESCO As we wanted to go next Wed (and weren't aware of the 14 day rule) :Doh: we will book thro CC We called TESCO and was told that if I return the vouchers they will re-issue them for when I want to cross over to Ireland in June
Happy with that and first time we have used the voucher system :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sounds as tho it's the same as the Tamar Bridge; It's free to enter Cornwall, but, going the other way, you pay a Quid to enter England:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am sure it costs a lot to run the paws centre

I am sure it costs a lot to run the PAWS centre on the French side.. The building was put up for the passport facility for pets, plus they have to man it and provide the chip checker.

We use it a lot and it works just fine as long as you have or had as it was 3 stamps from the vet in france in the passport.. seen a few sad faces at the PAWS centre that had not done it as it should be... waiting for a vet to come out, etc.,

Bob

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the PAWS system is excellent takes no more than 10 mins from drive in to drive away... as said as long as you have the stamps in pooches passport.:thumb:

the shuttle is the only way we will travel with our dag. it takes 35 mins he stays with us. we all relax wth a snack and before you know it you pulling off the train.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back