Euro tunnel deals???

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SaschandGin, Oct 15, 2012.

1. SaschandGin

SaschandGin Read Only Funster

Planning on going to France on 28 Oct, just wandering if anyone knows of any deals/ coupons/ etc on the go now?

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

they seem to do deals for cars all the time, take a caravan for free etc, but take a toad behind your motorhome and you pay for two cars.

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Yep.. Very rare are Eurotunnel deals..
    Only thing I ever hear is the "Tesco brigade" who use their vouchers...:BigGrin:

If there's no rush, use the ferry and have a chill out...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Which is why we use DFDS.. just checked ( always worth a check ) and the chunnel is actually TWICE the price of DFDS..

Might be handy and quick but hell, that is just not worth it !

• Like Like x 2
  5. Phill D

Phill D

They are offering day trip return for £22 for a car at moment on line. Whats to say you cant do a day trip in your van and not return.....:Eeek:

6. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

single return

been written about many times. you pay by card. if you dont return they can and will charge you. plus a hefty penalty. from what have read not a good idea :cry::cry:its only very rich who travel in a motorhome:Wink::Wink:
    as you can tell:Rofl1::Rofl1: we have a 27 year old renault traffic (restored of course)and so many others like me. then of course JJ hilldweller Jaws so many ..:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:be like them...pretend you are rich and pay up :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Phill D

Phill D

I stand corrected, not read small print but seems logical that they have a clause to prevent missuse.:Doh:

8. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

DFDS have a stand again at Motorhome show - last year's deal with them was return for £58 travel anytime...

• Like Like x 1
  9. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

dfds

:thumb:Thank you. Jaws looks like we may both get some vouchers, definatley going wenesday

10. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Have used Tesco vouchers in the past, but didn't have any for last month's trip - so rang the Camping and Caravanning Club and they quoted a price just over 10% less than I could book the tunnel direct for. (obviously, you need to be a member - I think). :thumb:

Believe the Caravan Club might do similar, but I'm not a member.

Research the best price crossings on the Eurotunnel website first, and then ring C&CC or CC to make the booking.

Mike

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  11. sedge

sedge Funster

This is true about the small print.

There is something you most certainly used to be able to do about that .......

12. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

does not always work

You have flexibility with the euro tunnel direct deals.. not so with CC&C they want to charge for any changes .. Having booked with both, I have not found any difference even with the club 10% discount.

Bob:Blush:

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just got a slightly better price going through C &CC via P and O ( usually more expensive than DFDS by quite a bit .. even the grub is dearer on the ferry !! ).. Got it down to £56.00 one way now... but will not book anything yet.. Hopefully the code that someone gets from the NEC will mean DFDS is once again the best and cheapest option :)

14. busby

busby Funster

We like the 2300hr crossing from Newhaven Dieppe. 20% discount for seniors if you telephone. Gets you into Dieppe 0400 so easy to be through Orleons by 0930. About £85 single for my van but saves 2hr 30 min drive from Calais to Rouen and Newhaven is a lot easier to get to from the midlands than Dover. Usually get three hours sleep on board. Busby.

• Like Like x 1