LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We have recently obtained a tag from ITS - International Transport Services. Contact Alan Thurley, very helpful.
A.turley@its-group.co.uk.

Our tag is enabled for France, Spain and Portugal. We are 4.5t above 3mand towing. Definitely class 4. We have kept the sanef tag that we used when towing for the toad should we need it.
can you tow a toad with a tag or do they charge more?

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have one from Tolltickets.com for a tag axle 5 ton over 3.0 metres high and it works fine. When booking one you state you are a Motorhome your weight and height etc... And you are billed to your bank account. Costs a bit more, but no hassle struggling to get tickets and pay. You sail straight through.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
So ITS and tolltickets for over 3 5 tonne and over 3m high.
For the rest of us with two axles who look about 3m or less and might be about 3.5 t the sanef tag works very well. Saves us having to stop... we rarely hit traffic jams of 13 miles or more so sail through happy with the windows closed and no grunting or looking for cash. Saves grief .. saves fuel .. is a great idea for 12 quid a year. Is it 12 quid? Thought it was about 6 quid... ahh well ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
I am not in any rush so intend to avoid toll roads altogether. part of the trip is to see the countryside and stop where we feel like it and something catches our attention.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
How accurate is the height measured? According to the manual, mine is 3010mm. Probably a silly question but could I get away with being 3m?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I guess that depends on the exact length of the piece of string used when erecting the 3m barriers. Not sure I would want to take that sort of chance but maybe Oswestry folk are made of sterner stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I guess that depends on the exact length of the piece of string used when erecting the 3m barriers. Not sure I would want to take that sort of chance but maybe Oswestry folk are made of sterner stuff.

I thought there are height sensors and not height barriers so no physical risk.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994

I thought the only barriers were 2m? I'm pretty sure we'd struggle to get under those without a good run up :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back