Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Dutchman Dorado Cclass RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi has anyone managed to get hold of a Euro Tag for use on the French toll roads ? I've tried Sanef and they only supply for class 1 & 2 vehicles up to 3.5ton mines a class 3 over 6 ton, Euro Toll are a waste of time don't reply to e-mails & cannot get through by phone, if anyone has managed to get hold of a Toll tag I would be grateful if you would share the information, we are travelling at the end of June. Cheers Bill.

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Hi not used them myself but look at tolltickets.com who offer tags for larger than 3.5 tommes and higher than 3m motorhomes.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I use Sanef for my car but I also got one for my son but used Vinci.
Here is the English version of their website: http://en.sites.vinci-autoroutes.com/
Have a look there and if necessary send them an email asking the question. They have been very efficient since I got their transponder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We got ours when booking on the tunnel they had an offer.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Correct me if wrong.. as you cannot use the 'drive through ' T lanes when class 2.. what is the advantage if you still have to queue up and stop with the other HGVs? .. it's no quicker than using a debit card .. and there is no saving ..

or have I misread this

http://en.sites.vinci-autoroutes.com/en/article/faq-0
Class 2 :
vehicles or driving units with a total height equal to or over 2 metres and under 3 metres and with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) equal to or under 3.5 metric tons. You can have a The VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag with most motor homes and cars with caravans. Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Correct me if wrong.. as you cannot use the 'drive through ' T lanes when class 2.. what is the advantage if you still have to queue up and stop with the other HGVs? .. it's no quicker than using a debit card .. and there is no saving ..

or have I misread this

Class 2 :
vehicles or driving units with a total height equal to or over 2 metres and under 3 metres and with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) equal to or under 3.5 metric tons. You can have a The VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag with most motor homes and cars with caravans. Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.
We used the drive through lanes this winter without any problems although our tag is Sanef!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We got ours when booking on the tunnel they had an offer.
Was that for a class2 toll tag, the OP is asking about Class3 snd above tags and I am not sure you can get them for motorhomes.

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page
Beat the French toll lane queues with Sanef Toll Tag
Sanef, the French motorway operator has now extended its Liber-t automatic toll payment service to UK motorists. It simply makes French "Autoroute" toll payment easy for you. You can now apply for FREE for a toll tag and beat the queues on the French motorways.

Exclusive Eurotunnel Le Shuttle offer
  • Free application - no fee (save €10)
  • €6** annual fee for the first year of subscription, discounted to €3** from the second year onwards
  • €20 refundable security deposit on the tag
  • €5** active usage fee - only for the months in which the tag is used and capped at €10 in any subscription year
  • To receive this exclusive offer you must sign up via this page and enter your Eurotunnel Le Shuttle booking reference or frequent traveller number in the promotional code box of the subscription form. Failure to do so will delay the delivery of your tag.
Don't miss out. Take advantage of our exclusive offer now!

Important information
* This offer is provided by SANEF Tolling and can be withdrawn without notice at any time. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle cannot be responsible for any claims and is not liable for any changes made to the offer. SANEF Tolling terms and conditions apply.

** Subject to French VAT

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

or have I misread this

Class 2 :
That's just warning you not to use the height restricted class1 t lane with a motorhome or higher, you should drive through the t lane that suits your height.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

or have I misread this

Class 2 :

It's only the ones with height barriers you can't use, usually only one or two on a peage. All the ones with no barriers are fine.

You can even use the ones without a T sign. We've been through a manned one with ours, when we got to the kiosk I pointed at it and she just waved us on. It beeped and the barrier opened.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have been using without any hassle even towing a trailer never had to stop or speak to an operator and billed straight out of your bank account our van is 4250kg (I know there have been debates over this previously and it's something you have to decide whether you wish to use we can also use it for the car) I know there is a risk of it being taken away but so far so good.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Try easytrip.fr - used to be alis - I use my toll tag for both car and MH and it is fine even in the high speed non-stop lane. Seems to be quite a bit cheaper than sanef (not the tolls sadly)

remember that there are quite a few unmanned booths.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We used the drive through lanes this winter without any problems although our tag is Sanef!

doesn't matter who supplied the tag.. they use the same T Lane.

and according to the information, the drive through T lanes are for class 1 under 2mt height ..

Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.

:confused:

no matter.. I'll just pay with debit card ..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
please read the whole paragraph again.. it is poorly written and can be misread..

it is clearly saying class 2 should not use lanes intended for class 1 as they may not be higher than 2 m

Class 2 : vehicles or driving units with a total height equal to or over 2 metres and under 3 metres and with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) equal to or under 3.5 metric tons. You can have a The VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag with most motor homes and cars with caravans. Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Jim I think it's saying if you are class one do not use T lanes as you are not tall enough to activate the sensors as Motorhomes are higher 2m to 3m they automatically activate by the infra red beam detector.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
well.. it's not how I read it.. but no matter.. there is no financial benefit buying a Tag .. in fact it costs more.. which seems strange.. an account with the Dartford crossing saves money every time you cross.

so for that reason.. I'm Oot.. :LOL:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It doesn't read very well does it?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
maybe it's a machine translation..

That would be my guess. The actual situation is definitely not the way you read it.

You're right in that it does cost ever so slightly more (a maximum of €12 per year) but to me it's worth all of that to be able to drive past any queues and straight through a dedicated lane.

It's especially satisfying when there are lots of UK registered vehicles with the occupants glowering at you as you go past :D:D:D

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Best thing we ever bought is our Sanef tag, tho we are class 2 not 3. The only lanes we can't use are the ones that have the height barrier, other than that we head for the one with least traffic. Worked so far.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think we are straying away from the original question here as the OP asked about a tag for over 3 metres and over 6 tonne, I don't think he is going to get away with a tag dedicated to class2 vehicles and to the best of my knowledge they don't exist for Class3 motorhomes.

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think we are straying away from the original question here as the OP asked about a tag for over 3 metres and over 6 tonne, I don't think he is going to get away with a tag dedicated to class2 vehicles and to the best of my knowledge they don't exist for Class3 motorhomes.

Martin
You can get away with the sanef tag as long as you are under 3m high and there is an over 3500 tag but not Sanef

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You can get away with the sanef tag as long as you are under 3m high and there is an over 3500 tag but not Sanef
I thought the OP said over 3 metres but reading back he didn't so possibly he would get away with the class2 tag.

Is the over 3500kg option available for motorhomes or just commercials.

Martin

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
We have recently obtained a tag from ITS - International Transport Services. Contact Alan Thurley, very helpful.
A.turley@its-group.co.uk.

Our tag is enabled for France, Spain and Portugal. We are 4.5t above 3mand towing. Definitely class 4. We have kept the sanef tag that we used when towing for the toad should we need it.

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
4.7. Large Motorhomes / Commercial Vehicles.
The Liber-t tag is only for class 1, 2 & 5 vehicles. Sanef Tolling does not offer the TIS-PL tag for class 3 and 4 vehicles, but our sister company Eurotoll do offer the TIS-PL tag for Class 3 and 4 vehicles.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
4.7. Large Motorhomes / Commercial Vehicles.
The Liber-t tag is only for class 1, 2 & 5 vehicles. Sanef Tolling does not offer the TIS-PL tag for class 3 and 4 vehicles, but our sister company Eurotoll do offer the TIS-PL tag for Class 3 and 4 vehicles.

When I enquired to TIS-PL last year they did not have a tag for Motorhomes

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
Have to say that I got no where with Eurotoll. They had problems understanding the question and passing me back to Sanef.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That would be my guess. The actual situation is definitely not the way you read it.

You're right in that it does cost ever so slightly more (a maximum of €12 per year) but to me it's worth all of that to be able to drive past any queues and straight through a dedicated lane.

It's especially satisfying when there are lots of UK registered vehicles with the occupants glowering at you as you go past :D:D:D

Nothing is a lot of use when they are queuing 17kms back from the actual tolls, which I had when using car in 2013.:(
One we saw, fortunately on the other side extended to some 42kms , so nephew said.:cry: I had the same in 2011 when going to Germany. I don't mind paying for a toll road but I expect to be moving .The 2 lane sections needed uprating to 4 lanes 20 years ago especially in summer on the Route de soliel. Tags the least of your problems,better off with cash so you can vent your frustrations at someone.

OP
OP
Billillston

Billillston

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Dutchman Dorado Cclass RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi thanks for all the useful info, as a result we have managed to get a toll tag thorough Toll Tickets.com, let's hope it gets here on time and works.
Thanks again Bill & Shirl.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back