Euro Tag

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Billillston, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Billillston

Billillston Funster

Hi has anyone managed to get hold of a Euro Tag for use on the French toll roads ? I've tried Sanef and they only supply for class 1 & 2 vehicles up to 3.5ton mines a class 3 over 6 ton, Euro Toll are a waste of time don't reply to e-mails & cannot get through by phone, if anyone has managed to get hold of a Toll tag I would be grateful if you would share the information, we are travelling at the end of June. Cheers Bill.

2. grumfy

grumfy Funster

Hi not used them myself but look at tolltickets.com who offer tags for larger than 3.5 tommes and higher than 3m motorhomes.

3. Fenman

Fenman Funster

I use Sanef for my car but I also got one for my son but used Vinci.
    Here is the English version of their website: http://en.sites.vinci-autoroutes.com/
    Have a look there and if necessary send them an email asking the question. They have been very efficient since I got their transponder.

4. Speve

Speve Funster

We got ours when booking on the tunnel they had an offer.

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Correct me if wrong.. as you cannot use the 'drive through ' T lanes when class 2.. what is the advantage if you still have to queue up and stop with the other HGVs? .. it's no quicker than using a debit card .. and there is no saving ..

or have I misread this

http://en.sites.vinci-autoroutes.com/en/article/faq-0
    Class 2 :
    vehicles or driving units with a total height equal to or over 2 metres and under 3 metres and with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) equal to or under 3.5 metric tons. You can have a The VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag with most motor homes and cars with caravans. Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Speve

Speve Funster

We used the drive through lanes this winter without any problems although our tag is Sanef!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Was that for a class2 toll tag, the OP is asking about Class3 snd above tags and I am not sure you can get them for motorhomes.

Martin

8. Speve

Speve Funster

[​IMG]
    Beat the French toll lane queues with Sanef Toll Tag
    Sanef, the French motorway operator has now extended its Liber-t automatic toll payment service to UK motorists. It simply makes French "Autoroute" toll payment easy for you. You can now apply for FREE for a toll tag and beat the queues on the French motorways.

Exclusive Eurotunnel Le Shuttle offer
    • Free application - no fee (save €10)
    • €6** annual fee for the first year of subscription, discounted to €3** from the second year onwards
    • €20 refundable security deposit on the tag
    • €5** active usage fee - only for the months in which the tag is used and capped at €10 in any subscription year
    • To receive this exclusive offer you must sign up via this page and enter your Eurotunnel Le Shuttle booking reference or frequent traveller number in the promotional code box of the subscription form. Failure to do so will delay the delivery of your tag.
    Don't miss out. Take advantage of our exclusive offer now!

Important information
    * This offer is provided by SANEF Tolling and can be withdrawn without notice at any time. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle cannot be responsible for any claims and is not liable for any changes made to the offer. SANEF Tolling terms and conditions apply.

** Subject to French VAT

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

That's just warning you not to use the height restricted class1 t lane with a motorhome or higher, you should drive through the t lane that suits your height.

Martin

• Like Like x 2
  10. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

It's only the ones with height barriers you can't use, usually only one or two on a peage. All the ones with no barriers are fine.

You can even use the ones without a T sign. We've been through a manned one with ours, when we got to the kiosk I pointed at it and she just waved us on. It beeped and the barrier opened.

11. Speve

Speve Funster

We have been using without any hassle even towing a trailer never had to stop or speak to an operator and billed straight out of your bank account our van is 4250kg (I know there have been debates over this previously and it's something you have to decide whether you wish to use we can also use it for the car) I know there is a risk of it being taken away but so far so good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lot lover

Lot lover Funster

Try easytrip.fr - used to be alis - I use my toll tag for both car and MH and it is fine even in the high speed non-stop lane. Seems to be quite a bit cheaper than sanef (not the tolls sadly)

remember that there are quite a few unmanned booths.

13. scotjimland

doesn't matter who supplied the tag.. they use the same T Lane.

and according to the information, the drive through T lanes are for class 1 under 2mt height ..

Warning: do not use special T lanes for class 1 vehicles as vehicles using this lane may not be higher than 2 m. Use classic or large goods vehicle/truck lanes and show your VINCI Autoroutes motorway tag pass to the cashier.

:confused:

no matter.. I'll just pay with debit card ..

14. Speve

Speve Funster

No that's saying don't use T lanes if you are class one

• Like Like x 1
  15. scotjimland

please read the whole paragraph again.. it is poorly written and can be misread..

it is clearly saying class 2 should not use lanes intended for class 1 as they may not be higher than 2 m

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speve

Speve Funster

Jim I think it's saying if you are class one do not use T lanes as you are not tall enough to activate the sensors as Motorhomes are higher 2m to 3m they automatically activate by the infra red beam detector.

17. scotjimland

well.. it's not how I read it.. but no matter.. there is no financial benefit buying a Tag .. in fact it costs more.. which seems strange.. an account with the Dartford crossing saves money every time you cross.

so for that reason.. I'm Oot.. :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Speve

Speve Funster

It doesn't read very well does it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. scotjimland

maybe it's a machine translation..

20. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

That would be my guess. The actual situation is definitely not the way you read it.

You're right in that it does cost ever so slightly more (a maximum of €12 per year) but to me it's worth all of that to be able to drive past any queues and straight through a dedicated lane.

It's especially satisfying when there are lots of UK registered vehicles with the occupants glowering at you as you go past :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1