Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yawn......Meanwhile the country going to rack and ruin due to all the infighting rather then running the economy!!:(

Highest deficit of all time announced today..and Tory's want to put another 40,000 steel workers on the dole:rolleyes:

Be very careful about what you wish for!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Unfortunately, that £138 million a day that we pay into the EU would go a long way to bail out the steel plants and improve the NHS, but you can bet a penny to a pinch of $hit that WHICHEVER party is in charge, they will squander and waste it and there'll be nothing to show for it, but I bet some fat cats will get fatter :(

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Having traveled through the length and breadth of Germany during the last 20 plus years, I realized that they were determined to organize the running of the EU to suit their aspirations. I have sat for hours speaking with Germans of from all walks of life. The one common aspiration is to succeed in leading Europe to a common future with them at the head.
The local Mayor explained to me that the only item they lack to put them in charge of Europe is 'Oil'
He then went on to explained their greatest outlay was oil!! they were the largest consumer of Oil
in the EU in fact the whole of the Continent. All this oil had to be bought on the world market at a price that they had no control over. Twenty years ago a solution was put forward, that because Germany was a country of mountains and hills this was using huge amounts of oil. Their leaders decided they would solve this by building Bridges and Tunnels through the Mountains and Valley's and yes this is what they are doing.
The results are there to see. We followed the main highway South and arrived at the 'crossover'
which was a 24 Lane junction build around six bridges. On the hillside above this was a huge 'Banner'
'Built with EU Funding' 523,000,000,000,000,000.
At our night spot a little later, we spoke to a local in the Bar and he explained to us that this junction was the third of Six to be built on this stretch of mountain. I'm afraid we are the 'Poor Brits of Europe@
Best Regards Mac

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes the Germans, lost the last two "hot wars", but they are well on the way to winning this one. IF we fail to get out of their "European Reich" in June we will have let millions of people die since 1914 for no purpose!. We will STILL be "controlled" from Berlin!.

Pete

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Could they do any worse than our lot?

We are lifelong tory voters and small business owners.

We are doing OK ( mostly because we made our money in earlier times) but are very dissappointed that the promised reduction in 'red tape' has not happened - in fact its got worse with even greater interference and legislation.

We see the UK gradually being shutdown, we are steadily paying more and getting less. In our town the recently renovated £3m museum is being consider for closure to save costs Oh Please!.

I am constantly amazed that other countries have got better roads and facilities than we have yet pay less taxes; Spain being a particularly good example. I would agree with those criticising the wasteful habits of the EU but think we would be equally shocked by where our taxes are spent.

I am going to vote to leave initially - knowing that they wont let us - and wait for the inevitable better deal, which must involve curtailing the Brussels gravy train IMHO.

Jon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Well...Germans where the bankers of Europe long before the EU. At least they believe in their people! Investing in them for the long term and education them still for free. And while historically they have burnt a few books that some love carping back to...they don't close liberies like is happening here! 350 in my adjacent borough of Lambeth. Jeez Lord give me strength...

Irony of ironys seems a German company first in line to recue Tata! While the Torys are ass kissing the Chinese while they destroy our manafacturing economy by dumping all santioned by the Tories:(

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back