Euro has Lost 15 per cent of value ? Prices! (1 Viewer)

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
The fact that the euro has lost 15 per cent of its value over the last 18 months does not reflect in the prices of new foreign motorhomes, at least that's how I see it, anyone see it differently?
Perhaps the powers that be i.e. Magazines -dealers-the usual pundits etc should start asking questions on our behalf.
Etap

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think they are ordered so far in advance, they have to set a sterling price to cover ups as well as downs, but pay the European manufacturers in euros.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You will never get a good deal on a german van here. Exchange rate currently 1.28. always found the winter a good time to buy......in the spring prices firm up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I'm sure things will continue to "slide" in Euroland. It was unrealistic to expect one currency to suit all those more impoverished economies.. How can Greece Et al ever hope to match Germany, for example !! Totally different lifestyles are bound to make for totally different economic standards and results..
Lets just hope the pound holds steady and we will all have a lot cheaper excursions!!!! :)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just my opinion, Euro to keep falling, Dollar rally to continue.

USA and to a lesser extent UK have finished QE, Japan has just started, Eurozone to follow....

All sorts of bubbles waiting to burst around the world, speculators will repatriate back to the safety of USD.

Cheaper excursions on the horizon as oil price collapses, I'm thinking way below fifty bucks a barrel !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Cheaper excursions on the horizon as oil price collapses, I'm thinking way below fifty bucks a barrel !

Saudi minister said that he'd sell at $20 /barrel
just to keep his market share.
It 's political as the Saudi's & yanks are normally reducing production to keep price up. They are doing it to bankrupt the Russians.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Guz-lopez, I think $20 a barrel is a real possibility. Saudis are determined to stop the growth in shale/fracking/ tar sands / renewables and will happily sell low until the new investment stops....
My opinion, clean energy is about to get a whole lot better and fossil fuels are on the way out !

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The Euro has lost the biggest % against the USD, not so much against the £. Around 1.3 € to the £ would be about right.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back