Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm even more confused now!

It would help if those who say they HAVE valves in theirs could post a photo so we can see exactly what they look like.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
You can see a disc in the front of this adapter.
Broken Link Removed
That is the end of the valve. The one I have currently does not have this - it is hollow from one end to the other.
As I said they are identical other than the valve.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can see a disc in the front of this adapter.
Broken Link Removed
That is the end of the valve. The one I have currently does not have this - it is hollow from one end to the other.
As I said they are identical other than the valve.
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dartslf2000

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
I'm even more confused now!

It would help if those who say they HAVE valves in theirs could post a photo so we can see exactly what they look like.
See the second pic I posted, that flat metal disc in the nose of it gets pushed in by the nozzle on the pump/force of gas presumably but springs ba know in to place when nozzle removed this blocking any gas from escaping. When you remove the adaptor the gas trapped between it and the tank gets released at force!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Broken Link Removed

See the second pic I posted, that flat metal disc in the nose of it gets pushed in by the nozzle on the pump/force of gas presumably but springs ba know in to place when nozzle removed this blocking any gas from escaping. When you remove the adaptor the gas trapped between it and the tank gets released at force!

I have the same valve in my gaslow adapter and I filled up the other day in Spain and when I took the pump off there was no escape of gas which there normally is a bit, so when I then unscrewed the adapter very carefully I knew there would be a release of gas and there was, it actually squirted out but fortunately hit the surround and dripped down then evaporated, it seemed quite a lot at the time and I was glad I had my rubber gloves on and no hot exhaust or the fridge on gas firing up nearby.....

One to watch out for........

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I think the valve in the adapter is not required. Otherwise when filling in countries not requiring the adapter all the gas would fall out upon removal of the the filling hose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back