Euro 6 engines put prices up by 20% (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
New version of our 2 year old Rapido 600ff which was £45k new is £58k!! (604ff)
Same size vehicle with same spec just in a different design. Why would the van cost so much more? Glad we got ours last year as something (greed on back of increased MH sales or new low emission engines) has ramped the prices up!

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Who mentioned brexit?

In the minds of all right-thinking people the phrase "fallen pound" will forever be inextricably linked with the words "Brexit" and "brexit".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They have purposely dropped the £ to almost parity so that when we merge currency WE will not notice, forget Brexit that I wanted, we are going to get the Euro and the EU regardless, the elite have decreed it, after the fall of the Dollar. Coming soon to a war near you.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
the change from Euro 5+ to euro6 engine added €1200 to the price of our new 2017 fiat ducato based globecar PVC. (Approx 2.4% on a €50k van)
the 17% devaluation of the £ against the € would have cost us an extra £6000 to buy the same PVC.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
They have purposely dropped the £ to almost parity so that when we merge currency WE will not notice, forget Brexit that I wanted, we are going to get the Euro and the EU regardless, the elite have decreed it, after the fall of the Dollar. Coming soon to a war near you.

Really hope the dollar does fall I need some soon

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Brexit (or not). The cost of ALL "stuff" was inevitably bound to rise.

Someone (you / me Taxpayers) has to cover the "Hidden Costs" of "Managing" the Hundreds of Thousands of economic migrants currently infesting Europe. Imagine the cost to the French economy JUST for removing the "Jungle". Without any account of the cost to the the UK for taking Over-age "Children" to complement those Radicals who are already here and planning the next atrocity?

Pete

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
All spirits are up 20% too, that is from a pub landlord, all his orders for next month up 20%...nothing to do with dare I say the B word.....

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
All spirits are up 20% too, that is from a pub landlord, all his orders for next month up 20%...nothing to do with dare I say the B word.....

I'll say it for you ............Bollocks !

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Witherspoons boss to stop serving foreign drinks! Nought to do with fall in pound (he says) but to teach Johnny foreigner a lesson for making brexit difficult. Surreal or what?
Dick

Good on him !!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Asda today Gin, Vodka, Whisky, Rum all £15/ltr. I'm pretty sure that's a downward move.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
..and I'm guessing that plenty of Funsters will be coming back from foreign climes without stocking up at Auchun ;)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Witherspoons boss to stop serving foreign drinks! Nought to do with fall in pound (he says) but to teach Johnny foreigner a lesson for making brexit difficult. Surreal or what?

Dick

He's not thought that through very well has he?

They're going to stop serving coffee and tea are they?

Stop serving Coca Cola or Pepsi? (whichever one it is that they sell)

Stop serving alcoholic drink brands that are owned by the big multi-national groups?

I somehow doubt it (y)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Brexit (or not). The cost of ALL "stuff" was inevitably bound to rise.

Someone (you / me Taxpayers) has to cover the "Hidden Costs" of "Managing" the Hundreds of Thousands of economic migrants currently infesting Europe. Imagine the cost to the French economy JUST for removing the "Jungle". Without any account of the cost to the the UK for taking Over-age "Children" to complement those Radicals who are already here and planning the next atrocity?

Pete
Compared to the whole economy of the country/eu its peanuts much as I think migrants are bad news and the German approach caused a much bigger problem I think the loss it we lost all migrants to our economy would be way higher than the cost of the illegals. Most want to get here because they want to work wish a few more of our own here already had the same drive

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A

Dick
My son, is a manger for Wetherspoons and they have just recently got San Miguel on tap, so I hope not.
I wouldn't put it past the multi millionaire Tim Martin, the founder and CEO. Wetherspoons is named after a teacher who said he wouldn't make anything of himself

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
He's not thought that through very well has he?

They're going to stop serving coffee and tea are they?

Stop serving Coca Cola or Pepsi? (whichever one it is that they sell)

Stop serving alcoholic drink brands that are owned by the big multi-national groups?

I somehow doubt it (y)
You could be right Nic Nic, but maybe he is talking about the drinks not brewed in this country.
You will see Guinness, Fosters etc etc are brewed under licence in the UK. He also has alot of different ales which are british.
He is no mug, so he will have a plan. Wetherspoons are always busy, coz they are cheap!:)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You could be right Nic Nic, but maybe he is talking about the drinks not brewed in this country.
You will see Guinness, Fosters etc etc are brewed under licence in the UK. He also has alot of different ales which are british.
He is no mug, so he will have a plan. Wetherspoons are always busy, coz they are cheap!:)

So he's talking rubbish then? Not like him at all :whistle:

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
So he's talking rubbish then? Not like him at all :whistle:
how many times do you hear about pubs closing down in uk? Do you hear about Wetherspoons closng down?
You might not like his politics or the b**locks he comes out with, but he knows the pub trade.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
how many times do you hear about pubs closing down in uk? Do you hear about Wetherspoons closng down?
You might not like his politics or the b**locks he comes out with, but he knows the pub trade.

He's killing the bloody pub trade.

Proper pubs are closing down because of monstrosities like his places and the others that have copied him.

You can try as much as you like but you will never hear a good word from me about Tim Martin or his company.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like rip off Britain again. the price increases that are coming through are way above what the drop in the pound would cause.
The Scott e-bikes we brought from Germany last year have gone from £2200 up to £2800 in the UK we paid under £1700 last year about £1900 at the moment in Germany.
Just ordered a new Hymer over 10k cheaper than we could buy in the UK and trade in for our van 12k more than we would get in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back