Estonia to Poland anybody?

Discussion in 'Denmark Norway Sweden Finland' started by yellabelly, Mar 2, 2015.

1. yellabelly

yellabelly

Ok, it's a tricky question, but I'm looking for some personal recommendations, "must sees" or "give it a misses".
    We are going to Sweden in May-June, via Denmark, and coming back via Finland, Estonia to Poland etc. Went to Stockholm last year and came back via Norway. Coming back via Finland this time......we think.
    I'm not desperate to tick any boxes, (not collecting countries) more interested in "must sees", but I know that sounds dismissive of other cultures. If you've been there and done it, what did you think?
    regards
    alan b

2. yellabelly

yellabelly

I think we can bury this one now! Pretty well decided that we'll have a week or 10 days in Finland, maybe take a ferry day trip to Tallinn? (Estonia) and back home via Sweden, Denmark etc.
    Thanks
    alan b

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Sorry to see you didn't get any replies....
    Cant help myself as never done it..

4. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

I think you will enjoy Tallinn, mainly the old town area near to the Port.
    We have done it a couple of times!

5. tony_g

tony_g Funster

Estonia deserves more than a day trip to Tallinn. The old city is very attractive if a bit 'Disneyfied' these days. East towards the Russian border and explore the coast and national parks...'wildcamp' in the forests. West from Tallinn to the islands Saareema etc, south to thr beautiful Latvian coast and Riga, the best Baltic capital by far, down to Poland and into northern Baltic Germany. A memorable trip which we did in reverse. Not to mention a visit to the ex Soviet nuclear missile base at Plokstine.

6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I've been to Finland a couple of times but not in a MH. It has a lot of trees.

Porvoo on the south coast has an interesting old quarter, it is Finland's second oldest city apparently. Struggling to think of anywhere else...
    But for remoteness and no doubt wildlife it should be excellent.
    It is a big country. Has a lot of trees.
    Did I mention the trees?

7. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

If the music of Latvia & Estonia interests you, go to www.minimorris.co.uk. Liam Robinson (who lives in Lincoln) has made a study of the music of the area & has lots of contacts out there. I would certainly raid his address book if I was travelling through the area.

Search back a couple of years through his YouTube channel (link on his site) for some examples.