Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks but sounds too good to be true!!!
It isn't ... I've got some and use them abroad without difficulty ... I had them already before I bought the 12gb sim so use the 200mb ones first then when I've used the free allowance I move onto the 12gb ... so it IS as good as it sounds!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have been in touch again with Three who confirmed I had been mislead by the other agent I recently spoke too. @Minxy Girl has it nailed. One more item that was gleaned during our discussion this morning, after 60 days usage the sim card can only be reset in the UK and crossing over into another boarder would not work. Nothing stopping you posting it back to the UK and then re sending it back again though.
I will continue to wait and watch for a better deal.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
isn't it 2 months in any 12 months period which means you can only reset it to use in the uk for the next 12 months,thats what i got from the text they sent me just before my 2 month period

joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
isn't it 2 months in any 12 months period which means you can only reset it to use in the uk for the next 12 months,thats what i got from the text they sent me just before my 2 month period

joe
You may well be right! If I do purchase one I will look into in more depth. The agent did say it was more designed for people on holiday as opposed to those touring for lengthy periods. I'm convinced going forward we will get more competition and much better deals, so happy to sit back and watch it all unfold.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I've just tried to get a quote for full-time insurance through Adrian Flux, but they told me they don't do full-time insurance using a correspondence address.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm just glad I live here. Insurance that covers the whole EU for the one premium. same cover anywhere in the EU .No additional payment for the green card which even covers the one that UK insurers won't Bosnia-Hertzogovinia is it ?
Vehicle that is insured so that anyone over 30(normally) can legally drive it with the policy terms remaining the same.Recovery included anywhere in the EU .(obviously only to a garage so that's why I have ADAC as well )

just a shame with older vehicles they won't do full-comp.:(

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm just glad I live here. Insurance that covers the whole EU for the one premium. same cover anywhere in the EU .No additional payment for the green card which even covers the one that UK insurers won't Bosnia-Hertzogovinia is it ?
Vehicle that is insured so that anyone over 30(normally) can legally drive it with the policy terms remaining the same.Recovery included anywhere in the EU .(obviously only to a garage so that's why I have ADAC as well )

just a shame with older vehicles they won't do full-comp.:(

Ours even covers travel insurance for the driver and occupants. It provided a private ambulance, with nurse, to bring us back to Totana from Zaragoza! They would have supplied a professional driver to return the motorhome also, but our friends drove it back for us. I could also have had hotel accommodation but I stayed in the hospital with Martin (private, en suite room).

Edit

Sorry a bit off topic, just realised what thread it is!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Son, d.i.l & 2 littl'uns - £140 a week covers everything ....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@denisejoe @PhilandMena please read my earlier posts in this thread as they explain how the '3' sims work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back