Err....Hello (1 Viewer)

P

Peelde

Deleted User
Hi everyone thanks for letting me join your forum:winky:
Have just bought our first campervan and need some help with the basics!
We went away last weekend to 'test' the van :RollEyes: and found the beds very uncomfortable. Now, having read the manual to set them up and got totally confused, we set them up as we saw fit. This may have been the reason we both now have bad backs:Doh:
The van is a Ford Future ( Holdsworth ? ) with an instruction manual for a Volkswagon Vision. You can see why I am confused. Most of the details in there seem relevant but there are no pictures to back things up. Does anybody know how to set the beds up correctly, and do you have photographic evidence?? Is there any advice you can give for making the beds really comfy?
My good lady and me hope to have a good few years of touring IF we can do it without back trouble.
Thanks in advance, and if I need to supply you with more info, please let me know.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hiya and Welcome.

What you need is Memory Foam on your beds.

It shapes and adapts to your sleeping position and posture.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Peelde, thanks for joining. When making beds up its important that the cracks are at the feet and head end whenever possible, any join between the neck and the backside will be uncomfortable. That said, its rare to find beds that are made up from seat cushions that are really comfy. Try laying a duvet or two over the top, this will make it more comfortable, even if you do feel a little like the princess and the pea. :Smile: The best solution as Steve said is to use a memory foam over the top of your cushions. As long as you do not buy cheap memory foam this will work wonders. Rakself make the best foam by far, you will baulk at the price but it absolutely worth it, the stuff is fantastic. But its bulky so you have storage to worry about.

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We put an extra duva cover underneath us. It makes a really big difference.

Plenty of Red Wine before bed also helps.

Jim :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Peelde

Deleted User
Like the red wine idea, Ann will go for that! Me, I'm more of a beer man.
Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back