Environmental Warning Light Boxer X/250 (1 Viewer)

cater_racer

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Chester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My engine environment warning light came on my Autocruise Augusta with only 8,000 miles on the clock. Had the oil changed and the air-filter etc, but it's stubbornly stayed on.

I've put Forte diesel cleaner in the last 3 tankfuls, but to no avail.

Engine performance has been unaffected, and fuel consumption is good.

I'm assunming it's due soot or similar build up in the silencer system.

What's the best resolution? (disconnect it?)

Cater

reeventu

Free Member
Jan 19, 2010
Funster No
take it to the chassis dealer , Fiat or whoever.

I had this problem and it was something to do with emission controls, cannot remember but it was sorted under warranty

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It needs a diagnostic check as a matter of urgency
your vehicle may use the exhaust enviroment emission fluid system and the light may indicate low fluid level, have you not checked hand book:Doh:
Ignoring it and leting it run dry will block the cat and chambers, the following repair bill will make what you have spent so far look like small change:Eeek:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cater_racer

cater_racer

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Chester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I wish it was that simple, there are no local peuguot dealers who will take the vehicle in, they refused even the warranty service due to the weight being iver 4 tonnes. Elf & Safety won't let them change the oil.

There is no special fluid and the handbook say's "Take it to your dealer".

The French dealer, couldn't do it when I took it in, fully booked up, but shrugged his shoulders and said, don't worry about it.

That was in Barritz I drove it home 1000 miles since then. But had a full service in my local HGV place, and he said, "dunno", seems to go alright, and the particulates are within spec.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
It really does need a diagnostic check. If its in warranty there should be no charge, but there will be if a serious fault developes and you have ignored the warning.

There must be a peogeot dealer somewhere that will take it! The one in Shrewsbury would, as would the one in Stoke, or Birmingham (not sure where you are).

This light is a bit of a catch all, there are all sorts of faults that can cause it to come on. I have had it on twice (two different vans). the first was caused by a failing butterfly valve in the induction system, which also caused loss of power. The second reported an intermittenet fan problem - no obvious symptoms. But it was actually a fault in the software of the EMS, fixed by the dealer updating the software.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back