Free Member
Oct 12, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
Luton
Exp
I'm a newbie
I see the words entry level motorhome quite regularly, I have some theories as to what it means but I'm not entirely sure. Can anyone shed any light on it for me please.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Generally taken to mean the price at which first time buyers will find the model attractive. Cheap doesn't always mean low quality, but personally, whatever my budget was, I'd be inclined to buy used, well cared for, higher quality as opposed to new, lower quality. Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I think it means not biting off more than you can chew, how many people blow £60k on a MH having never been in one before and end up using it twice and selling it after a year losing loads of money and are turned off them forever?

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Entry level I think means a MoHo with enough built in equipment to get you away on your travels. One with all the bells and whistles will of course be more expensive when bought new.

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
I think it is a commercial ploy to make you already dissatisfied and you will want to change up as soon as you can!
After all, who's going to stay put in a 'starter home'?
There is probably nothing inferior about the van!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Entry level to me means..

A van that has all the kit needed but no bells and whistles, have lower quality soft furnishings.. the construction will also be cheaper.. wood and chipboard.. fully functional but not top quality . and probably not winterised .. It is built to price.

I also believe it's a particular make of van rather than a particular model.. Quality marques don't do entry level.. they may have options.. but they are all built to a high quality... it would be like asking RR for an entry level car..

no naming names.. but I'd rather have a second hand 'quality' van than a new budget van.. I read of folks paying 50k or more for a budget van.. the same money would buy a 3 or 4 year old quality van.. that cost the first owners 80k +

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Our first " entry level" van was a Hymer classic type. Paid £ 10 k, loved the lifestyle, sold for £ 10 k.
I would always try before spending "loadsamoney" on a van.
Thats my meaning of "entry level"
Phil

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I think 'entry level' is the basic level of anything, like a car with one elec windows, no air-con, no extras at all and a basic price, not necessarily cheaply made just no fancy 'do-dads'!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back