Entrepreneurial Spirit is Still Alive...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by callumwa, Aug 5, 2014.

1. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

2. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?

Maybe he just saw an opportunity to make money by meeting a need and had the initiative to give it a go, which is what entrepreneurs do. Not sure I'd blow £155,000 like that myself (even if I had it), but good luck to him - I hope he doesn't make a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I'm on the side of Genius.

It is reported that it is a 14 mile diversion due to the road closure. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, unless your car does over 40 mpg, you save money for your £2, let alone a lot of time...

(y)(y)

4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

He has to see a 1000 cars a day to get his money back. Current traffic levels fall short of that and he is having to put in retrospective planning permission. Not sure he thought it through, but good luck to him.

5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

I just hope the council don't pull out all the stops, and get loads of extra men on the job! Just to get it finished in double quick time!
    You never know , they might just do it to prove a point and put off other people thinking about doing it.

6. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Well, GET A GRIP and get the proper road repaired then! In 1726, General Wade built a coast to coast road ACROSS SCOTLAND in less then a year, without machines, so surely in 2014, a small landslip can be repaired?? No bitching when they spend the highway budget on cones and road barriers, it seems. Better still, forget the repair, and just buy the field from the farmer!!

• Like Like x 5
  7. kcy

kcy Funster

Absolutely brilliant, hope he gets his money back and judging by how long it takes the council to get around to anything, he'll probably double his money

• Like Like x 2
  8. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Brilliant nice to see someone with enough guts and the money to be able to do something like this

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Whilst driving from Granada to Malaga in Jan 2009 we were impressed to be diverted around a village whilst the 2-lane 2 carriageway road was being repaired. The diversion seemed to be on tarmac laid directly over grass and a speed limit of 30kph was in place.

3 months later the road had been finished and we saw no trace of the diversion (although we were travelling considerably faster, so vision was somewhat less easy). We realised during our stay in Spain that they had a totally different attitude to the production and repair of roads: a 15mile section of the A7 from Malaga to Fuengirola was resurfaced on both 4-lane carriageways in the space of 10days, without much obvious delay to traffic!

Life should be a learning process - Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  10. yorkieman

yorkieman Funster

I say good for him for having the initiative. I hope it works out well and that he makes himself a nice little nest egg.