Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Plesae help I have a dog passport do I need any thing more the vet said to phone FRANCE TO FIND OUT I have never done this before. Cannot get through to the FRENCH I have only 3 days left before I sail PLEASE HELP.
Posted via Mobile Device

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
I looked at the link and found it quite confusing. If you google pet passport and take the link to the defra website it explains things quite precisely. From the successful blood test taken in England it is 21 days before you may enter another eu country but to return into England there must be 6months from the successful blood test. In short, although you may leave England after 21 days you may not return with your pet for the first time until 6 months. Subsequent trips can be made as you wish providing all injections are up to date. Hope it helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lisab

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
Romsley, Worcs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

I have taken my lad, Boris (Miniature Schnauzer - nearly 2 yrs old) to France a couple of times and really once you get it all right its easy!

You need : Rabies jab on dog 10 weeks plus (I think)
then blood test after 3 weeks - some vets do one jab and some do 2
we had one and took the flyer on not needing the "top up" then after the positive afterbodies test comes through - you may re-enter the country 6 months after the date of the test. So you need SEVEN months before you attempt it.

Before you go - pop to your vets and get your chip read - just to be sure it reads, they have been (rarely) known to migrate in a dogs body.

Other then that : French accept dogs everwhere, don't even both asking anymore.

there are good vets as far as I am concerned : Cherbourg, Honfleur (for Le Havre) and Calais, yes ok its not that cheap, BUT if you time your Frontline and wormers schedule here to coincide a/ it doesn't overdose your dog and b/ the cost is "absorbed" into your usual pet care.

Also the experience of taking them is better then leaving them!

Anyone who wants to pm me for vets please do, I also have a scanner for rental.
Lisa

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back