LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Google earth shows Serpa as being a medium sized town south east of Lisbon about 30 miles from the Spanish Border.

coordinates are 37 deg 56' 24.65" N and 7 deg 35' 40.58" W

On the highway IP8

Cheers, hope it helps

Peter

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
Serpa

does any body out there know anything about a place in portugal called Serpa ? especially campsites that are dog friendly ? :thumb:

Hi
In 2005 i stayed at the municipal camp site in Serpa it was good value at €4.49 for me and the van, + hook up @ €1.25 per day, facility's basic but spotless,site open all year, don't know about the dog you could try their fax 284 540 109.
Serpa is a small town with a variety of shops cafes and bars two supermarkets a municipal swimming pool (next to the site) the old town is walled most of which can be walked, there is an interesting old chain bucket system that fed water to an aqueduct that runs along the town wall to the old palace.
RickB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
in feb 2005 i was in serpa looking for lidls. i didn't find it but drove past the campsite. it looked busy from the road with a lot of MHs.

portugal & 'dog friendly' don't go together in my experience. the best i think you get is 'dog tolerant'.

dogs aren't allowed on public transport in portugal. if you see a dog owner clearing up their dog's mess they won't be a local. look where you walk!

i wildcamp and sometimes i think i'm in the middle of nowhere when i find a good spot to stop. when it gets dark first of all lights come on at all the places hidden in 'nowhere' followed by the dogs barking.

has anyone ever found a place to stop overnight in portugal where you can't hear a dog at night?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back