Enoughs, enough, Im out of here. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So getting up for this trip now :thumb:

Had lots of pms with really useful info and some from complete strangers.:Smile:

Decided very loosely Nuremberg, Prague, Dresden, colditz, Harz tinderbox houses, Brugge home .

Two large drives, Calais to Nuremberg, and Harz to Brugge, knocking the motorhome show in dusseldorph on the head as we have seen so many anyway and have no desire or need to change ours :thumb:

Kids are not coming as they think they will be board and would rather save there money for next year and the Canada expedition :thumb: so nikkis not feeling guilty and what are grandparents for if it ain't looking after their grand kids :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sounds great Paul Im sure you will both love it .
We are enjoying our new found freedom weekends without the kids. You cant expect them to want to come for ever. As you know ours are a bit older nearly 18 , 16,and 16 so they are home alone for weekends. But grandparents only live a 10 min walk away. Apart from last weekend , we have always managed to get a signal to keep in touch by phone , which makes me feel better.
But we only stayed near the Ribblesedale viaduct ( 3 peaks country )for 1 night last weekend as there was no signal within 6 mile radius. So they said at the pub.
We moved on to Hawes the following morning .
I felt much better being able to be in contact. Must be a mum thing cos Ralph was saying " oh they'll be alright , they have the pub number if they need to get intouch , and the landlord will tell us ....:roflmto:"
We love Brugge , and have been several times on the weekend ferry trips with P&O .
Its on our list of places to visit once we have more time to tour further away.
Enjoy your new found freedom together.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

Had lots of pms with really useful info and some from complete strangers.:Smile:

Decided very loosely Nuremberg, Prague, Dresden, colditz, Harz tinderbox houses, Brugge home .

Two large drives, Calais to Nuremberg, and Harz to Brugge, knocking the motorhome show in dusseldorph on the head as we have seen so many anyway and have no desire or need to change ours :thumb:

Kids are not coming as they think they will be board and would rather save there money for next year and the Canada expedition :thumb: so nikkis not feeling guilty and what are grandparents for if it ain't looking after their grand kids :roflmto:

Don't forget to try the Currywurst when in Deutchland. From an Imbissstube or Schnellimbiss.

Currywurst, Fritten und Mayo. Heaven in a polystyrene tray.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006

I note you are sailing on the 22nd Aug, we are doing Hull to Rotterdam on the evening of 23rd Aug.

We are doing Arnheim Bridge the Dusselldorf Show then Nurnbergring ( race Track) ,

We were then going to do Coldotz / Austwitz / Zagan ( Stalag prison of war camp Tom,Dick,harry Tunnells / berlin / Peendumunde / Rugen island back to Rotterdam 5 weeks total.

We have changed our mind due to the crap summer in england and are heading south to find the sun ending up in Northern Spain if we have to.

eastern europe will have to wait till another year.

regards

chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have changed our mind due to the crap summer in england and are heading south to find the sun ending up in Northern Spain if we have to.

If you mean the Atlantic side of Northern Spain I wouldn't count your chickens on the sun front.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Don't forget to try the Currywurst when in Deutchland. From an Imbissstube or Schnellimbiss.

Currywurst, Fritten und Mayo. Heaven in a polystyrene tray.

Pete:Cool:

did you not read the bit where by it said im training for 2 marathons in two months :Eeek: worried about going so close to the first one as it is and now your getting me addcited to big german sausages. :RollEyes: I love them :RollEyes: maybe I will spoil myself, :winky:

I note you are sailing on the 22nd Aug, we are doing Hull to Rotterdam on the evening of 23rd Aug.

We are doing Arnheim Bridge the Dusselldorf Show then Nurnbergring ( race Track) ,

We were then going to do Coldotz / Austwitz / Zagan ( Stalag prison of war camp Tom,Dick,harry Tunnells / berlin / Peendumunde / Rugen island back to Rotterdam 5 weeks total.

eastern europe will have to wait till another year.

regards

chris

I have been to the Nurbergring a couple of times, I have raced it on a motorbike and its a historic wonderful place. I would go now because as I understand it there is a European Union movement to close it to the public :Sad::Sad:

Are you going to go round it in your motorhome? I would, its worth teh experience a frightening place.

hey Chris a better idea would be to go round on that Moped of yours :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but dont let Tara see you,,,,
have a great time. :thumb:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
If you mean the Atlantic side of Northern Spain I wouldn't count your chickens on the sun front.

Nah went there last year when we caught the boat from San Nazaire ( france) to Gijon on way to Portugal. The weather one day would be red hot & the next like Blackpool front in the middle of winter could not believe it then the next day red hot again.

This year we may end up at Playa de pals nr Estartit about 1 hr from French border, we have been going there on and off for the past 30yrs & its hardly changed.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
big german sausages

did you not read the bit where by it said im training for 2 marathons in two months worried about going so close to the first one as it is and now your getting me addcited to big german sausages. I love them maybe I will spoil myself,

beware of germans with big sausages don't get addicted to them

Klapp_pa!.jpg

Attachments

• Klapp_pa!.jpg
    Klapp_pa!.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7
May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
paul its a pitty your not going to poland while your out there its a nioce place and lots oh history as well as dackou mervyn:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back