Enjoying Scotland

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by ROB1CHELSEA1, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Hi all, we are sitting watching the sun go down after a great BBQ up at John O Groats, will take the day tour on the Orkney Islands tomorrow:thumb: saturday will take us to Tongue then Smoo Cave which should be good then down to Bunree for the night, more exploring after that:Smile:

:Cool:HAPPY MOTORHOMERS MOTORHOMING:Cool:

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

On the A838 past Tongue there's road going across the Kyle of Tongue take the first right sign-post Talmine about two hundred metres on the right nice sleepyspot, overlooking the loch and the mountains in the distance,

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

Hi Rob - hope you had a good drive up from Chanonry Point (we were parked next to you there). Enjoy Skye and Durness.

Jan & Bill

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reaynger

Reaynger Read Only Funster

You'll go past my house. Sango Sands campsite at Durness is a fantastic place to stop and it is near Smoo cave.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

We never made Smoo cave as i was a little worried about the van going that little bit more north (particulate filter problem again) so we dropped down the middle of scotland and stayed at Grunmore for the night:thumb: we have then had two great nights at Loch Ness and today a trip up Ben Nevis on the cable car:Cool: we are now at Bunree site with a great pitch overlooking Loch whats its name:Rofl1: the wife has managed to calm me down about the van with another case of lager:thumb:as i was ready to BLOW:shout:, looks like we will be staying on a few more sites before heading back to the smog on saturday:thumb: van going straight to garage when back.
    I must say i have seen some stunning sights while in sunny rainy Scotland, Lairg and Tongue being my favourits places so far:BigGrin:.

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. whatta

whatta Funster

That's a real shame.

I read the wise advice from Reaynger about Durness and intended to suggest a trip to Cape Wrath - short trip on small boat a couple of miles south of Durness and a rattly minibus service along a single track "motorway" (!) to the lighthouse.

www.capewrath.org.uk/

Maybe the next time....?

Glad you appreciated the far north...Haste Ye Back - with better filtration!:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

If you want a nice quiet campsite, then on the A886, Glendaruel Campsite is nice, tell Annie Craig, the owner, that your from motorhomefun, or a fantastic sleepyspot overlooking The Kyles of Bute, on the A8003, to Tighnabruaich, and spare a thought for all that built that road over 40 years ago, me being one of them,:Rofl1:, past Tighnabruaich signpost Portavardie, sleepyspot right on the shores of Loch Fyne, if the forester comes along, just tell him, his brother Ray sent you, knowing my brother, he'll roll up his sleeves and sort out your filter problem,:Rofl1:
    Which way are you thinking of going south, got plenty of other sleepyspots if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

Sorry you didn't get to see Smoo Cave Rob. Bunree is a lovely site, even better in the winter with the cold mist on the loch.
    Have a safe trip back, you'll just have to plan another trip!
    Jan

• Like Like x 1