Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
My wife and I bought a B class 4 year old petrol, a few months ago, the first petrol vehicle we have owned in thirty years. It drives very well and we are looking to get a gas conversion.
I was thinking from time to time what the 6.o diesel would have been like; well last night my wife was reading MMM November issue and said! have a read of this page 184. I am just interested how 6.0 diesel owners are finding their vehicles.

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry it was page 184, basically this unlucky guy had his 6.0 diesel engine self destruct in the South of France, low loader to uk £5000 plus. Ford in America want him to pay for a new engine in excess of £20,000, :whatthe: before they will consider a claim for the damage to the old engine which had only done 5,800 miles,it is a long story and reply but very interesting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

I don't buy MMM , would it be possible to post more details, make of engine, circumstances etc ?

It sounds like a very unusual incident, especially on a low millage engine, diesels by and large do star ship millage's so when one blows up it will make the headlines.. but there was another post about a blown Sprinter engine ..

Link Removed

I have a Cummins.. 5.9lt but with only 50k on the clock it's not run in yet .. does around 14mpg pushing a 36ft, 8.5t RV

What else would you like to know ?

jim

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
THANK YOU GRIFFS :thumb: We were going to buy new either a Four Winds B Class or the Triple E Regency B Class ( Canadian RV) both on Ford 6l V8 Turbo diesel. It appears to be the same engine as in the letter p184 of MMM.
This engine is manufactured by Navistar Corp and supplied to Ford. There have been many failures and successful claims against Ford who in turn are taking legal action against Navistar.
THINK I WILL STICK WITH MY V10 TRITON FOR NOW !!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi

I don't buy MMM , would it be possible to post more details, make of engine, circumstances etc ?

It sounds like a very unusual incident, especially on a low millage engine, diesels by and large do star ship millage's so when one blows up it will make the headlines.. but there was another post about a blown Sprinter engine ..

Link Removed

I have a Cummins.. 5.9lt but with only 50k on the clock it's not run in yet .. does around 14mpg pushing a 36ft, 8.5t RV

What else would you like to know ?

jim

Jim do a search on Google Ford 6l diesel problem. This is one big problem for Ford. Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back