Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
hya just joined forum and was expecting delivery of new Starburst on 16 Mar, just been told mix up at factory and won't get it til earlyish April. Part of deal was upgrade to 3ltr 157bhp engine but in view of possible increases in tax for large engines was wondering if I should have stuck to 2.2 120bhp and would fuel economy be affected. anybody any thoughts? Ta

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hya just joined forum and was expecting delivery of new Starburst on 16 Mar, just been told mix up at factory and won't get it til earlyish April. Part of deal was upgrade to 3ltr 157bhp engine but in view of possible increases in tax for large engines was wondering if I should have stuck to 2.2 120bhp and would fuel economy be affected. anybody any thoughts? Ta

worky
I have a Starseeker with a 3 ltr engine & I am glad I chose this as the difference in performance is amazing. My previous motorhomes have had smaller engines but none match up to this one. ::bigsmile:
I don't hang about driving over long distances & find this engine can take it all without any strain, & with cruise control it's easy driving. :thumb:
Don't regret it enjoy the experience............... as Keith (kands) says "There are no pockets in a shroud" :Sad:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi worky
in my opinion its a no brainer, the big engine is the way to go.
Power to weight ratio would suggest and is often the case, that you may get better!!! MPG with the big lump than the 2,2 screaming to pull the MHome
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi worky
in my opinion its a no brainer, the big engine is the way to go.
Power to weight ratio would suggest and is often the case, that you may get better!!! MPG with the big lump than the 2,2 screaming to pull the MHome
Geo

Been there and done it.

I totally agree.Just watch the driving technique and the weight on the right foot and it'll pay dividends.:thumb:

The theory being the larger motor has a more flexible torque range needing less thrashing to get anywhere.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
thanks for the confirmation - its ok its just me being a nervous newbie having shelled out a large chunk of me hard!! earned savings
:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back