Engine management prob on 2.8jtd ducato (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2002
whilst driving i noticed my engine management light had come on also speedo stopped working and enging gone into limphome mode.
We pulled over stopped engine then restarted noticed that the glow plug light was flashing for about 30 times then went out.
has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be the book only refures to engine management light faults being injectors,fuel pump or vapor heater:Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
At the very least your going to need a scan looking for fault codes,
If it only happend the once and the lights are now behaving normally,there maybe no codes present
The ecu likes to see certain fault scenerios twice or three times befor it logs it in
If the Engine fault light is on all the time then the code will normlly be locked in and requires at least clearing
Its a good idea to purchase a cheapo ebay scanner and clear your own faults once or twice to prove it has an actual fault before remedial action is carried out
I have said many times on here getting the code is extreamly easy, what you do with them is where the hard work starts, never be tempted for example to run out and buy a lamda sensor because the code says lamda out of range there are multiple reasons why any one code is logged and those reasons need to be found and eliminated, the lamda may in deed be damaged but what caused it? it will damage your new one too
The above is an example to try and explain diagnosis and codes, not what your personal problem may be:thumb:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back