Engine Light (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Yes its that time of year when the Temp Drops The Fiat Cash Machine Light goes on (Engine Light) same last year trip to Fiat Dealer some sensor and £200.00 LIGHTER IN THE POCKET Please is there any way you can turn this light of and reset or is it another trip to the Fiat Dealer

Thanks
Bill

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The piece of On Board Diognostics equipment mentioned above will enable you to turn the light off. It obviousley allows you to carry out your own Onbord Diognostics check and you are certain to be presented with a range of stats which can be converted into Engine Management Problems.

These problems may be just a matter of your own misinterpeatation. Before you get yourself messing with stuff that you may not understand, can you not find a garage who will happily turn the light off for you. It doesnt have to be a Fiat dealer.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
it depends what year the fiat is , some are OBD1 and some are OBD2 , mine is a 2002 reg fiat and OBD1, look on the fiat forum for the fiat scan software or visit here Link Removed , to find out if your are 1 or 2 lift the bonnet and have a look down the right hand side of the inner wing , you will find some connector blocks ,obd1 connector is 3pin and you will have to get this lead from hong kong , obd2 is 16 pin i think and there are plenty on ebay

they now have the obd1 to obd2 connector lead in the uk Link Removed

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The 'States don't grt it all right
BUT--------you can got into a car accessoyy shop and they will read your code FOR FREE---------some will put the light out ----but they will all tell you what the light is saying.
We bought a high spec code reader for $100 :thumb: ------the cost of getting our code read once !!!!!!!! in this country:Eeek:
Nigel & Pamala

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
all leads and equptment from,, aandetraiding.com they aer in slough and have supplyed me,, good value and cheap with garantee ,,, no sending it back to h/k ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
The 'States don't grt it all right
BUT--------you can got into a car accessoyy shop and they will read your code FOR FREE---------some will put the light out ----but they will all tell you what the light is saying.
We bought a high spec code reader for $100 :thumb: ------the cost of getting our code read once !!!!!!!! in this country:Eeek:
Nigel & Pamala

I heard about this and wouldn't it be nice if we had such a service?

Also, as I understand, the Yanks legislated that from 1996 all vehicles had to be ODB2 compliant to stop the need for different readers/software for every manufacturer, again wouldn't it be nice if we had the same common sence:Doh:

I did buy a ODB2 reader when we got the first Jeep, great piece of kit and rather than just giveing the code there is a discription with it, mind you the only actual fault code so far was for a faulty gearbox speed sensor, and a bit vauge, but a quick google and £30 later all was well, I can imagine what the stealership would have charged to diagnos and repair, bearing in mind having sorted myself the sensor took 2 minutes to change and I didn't even need to jack the Jeep up!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We have a auto electrician that comes to your house and charges 20 quid to plug in his lappy and reset / diagnoses any thing that is wrong- if he is at the local garage that uses his services it is only a tenner :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
We have a auto electrician that comes to your house and charges 20 quid to plug in his lappy and reset / diagnoses any thing that is wrong- if he is at the local garage that uses his services it is only a tenner :thumb:
terry

I have arranged for a local Auto Spark to come to my door as you said £20.00 quid for a full check

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back