Engine Battery Problem (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Any advice please I put two 90 w leisure batteries on about three years ago and they did drain rather low a couple of times but at Easter we were camping without electic for four days with grandkids hence tv on most of time leisure batteries dropped below 11 a I do have a 140 solar panel but no sun that weekend I have a battery mate from leisure to engine when I came to start the engine leisure was reading 12 engine would not turn over enough had to jump start have since put two 115 banner batteries on does the battery mate reverse from engine to leisure and do I need a naw engine battery which is about three years old but has been fully discharged a couple of times any help thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
get the battery tested. if its been over discharged a few times it can damage the battery

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Three years old is about time to change it so you dont get let down out in the wilds somewhere

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Any advice please I put two 90 w leisure batteries on about three years ago and they did drain rather low a couple of times but at Easter we were camping without electic for four days with grandkids hence tv on most of time leisure batteries dropped below 11 a I do have a 140 solar panel but no sun that weekend I have a battery mate from leisure to engine when I came to start the engine leisure was reading 12 engine would not turn over enough had to jump start have since put two 115 banner batteries on does the battery mate reverse from engine to leisure and do I need a naw engine battery which is about three years old but has been fully discharged a couple of times any help thanks

Your batteries are dead, replace all of them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back