Eng Man Light (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
:Sad:
Tech advice the eng man light came on in my Fiat Ducato m/home fault is throttle valve my question is that the light comes on now and then does not stay on is that the right procedure

Bill

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Light should come on with ignition then go out after a few seconds (it runs through a quick diagnostic when you nturn on ignition).

I tend not to start engine till li9ght has gone out which is usually faster than the pre heat in this weather. I don't actually think you need to but whats a few seconds to let it all settle before starting the engine.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
MIL Light (Malfuction Indicator Light
I take it you have acces to a scanner seeing as you know the fault code being generated
Getting the code and reading the information it refers to, is only 10% of the solution.:cry:
If it is comming on and going off, its reading an intermittant fault of miss reading information supplied to the ECU
If it comes on and off of its own accord you will have to be patiant and allow the fault to develop or pay for some serious garage time to try and trace and rectify
It wont be possible to diagnose it properly untill the light stays on and wont go out if your switching the light off with a scanner, stop doing that, leave light on and get it looked at:thumb:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
MIL Light (Malfuction Indicator Light

I know a few people who should have one of these fitted. I'd know when to steer clear then.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry to interfere with the post Geo. I just had to:roflmto:

Jim
:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks