Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
HURRY £89.90 Sat Nav 7 inch..
I have just bought a 7 inch Navman sat nav with a truck mode ability.....I have not tried it out yet as you get one months free trial of the truck mode from when you start using it. BUT it is BIG and has a very strong sucker mount included with a very long ,compared to others I own, arm and adjustment ..just right for my Mk 7 transit on an amazon dash weighted Pad

You will have to be quick as the offer from Halfraudes ends tomorrow here's a link

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165685

Not much of a risk is it enjoy Kim :thumb:
    • Share this post on
    • Link RemovedTwitter
    • facebook.png
      Share this

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good price for full EU mapping.

Then it got me thinking, oh the pain....

7" screen. That's good if you have the room.

7" screen. Hey, that's a tablet.

So why not buy a 7" Android, admittedly for a fair but more, get the free satnav software and you have the best of both worlds.

Just a thought. BUT make sure that 7" tablet has GPS, the very cheap ones don't.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
But the truck mode costs another £70 so not so cheap :Confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I bought one from china for about 50 - 60 quid about a month ago and has bluetooth and windows system for pics and things.

Link Removed.

Allegedly does all european countries but not tried it yet.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
HURRY £89.90 Sat Nav 7 inch..
I have just bought a 7 inch Navman sat nav with a truck mode ability....[HI].I have not tried it [/HI]out yet as you get one months free trial of the truck mode from when you start using it. BUT it is BIG and has a very strong sucker mount included with a very long ,compared to others I own, arm and adjustment ..just right for my Mk 7 transit on an amazon dash weighted Pad

copied from my reply to your other post

Frankly, I have no faith in 'truck sat navs' as they use the same mapping database as every other sat nav.. For routing, they will use M and A roads and avoid low bridges, weight and width limits .. all of which can be loaded onto a TT and set for your van .. free.

As it gets mixed reviews on Halfords I hope you follow up with yours..

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi once I start looking... As the unit has tom toms traffic alert licenced to it....might be able to look into using tomtom maps and profiles in the future ..there is a tutorial I found on one of the sat nav sites on how to use google mapping for free ...but for now, being able to see the map without putting on my glasses as I drive will be a boon...

For the price cheaper than my tomtom or my Navigon and those lovely 7 colour inches .. no risk at ninety quid even if I took up the once off £70 payment for truck mode.

Is there a camping /caravan club mapping apps available to purchase ?? Kim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back