DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I connected mine through a socket doubler with a coolbox initially, the socket doubler was fused, the fan was only on speed 1 and seemed fine so I thought all was well, although I was a little concerned about the load.

Unbeknown to me one of the kids fiddled with it whilst I was driving, put it on speed 3. I thought I could smell a bit of a hot plastic smell - then I got the "Dad, the fans stopped working" - I stopped and the plug on the doubler had melted, fuse still intact! Luckily the fan, coolbox and socket were all fine
You have a socket problem not a plug problem. I wouldn't dream of using a "doubler" on something like a fan which can use a lot of current on high settings.

Is this the basis of your assertion the EB fan is poorly made? If it is I suggest it is a (small) user induced problem. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have I got the only one that's balanced properly, isn't excessively noisy and has perfectly acceptable build quality?

It is noisy on the 3 setting, but its shifting that much air I can't see how it could be quieter. we use it mostly on 2' I think only time we've used it on the 3 setting was outside on 33 degree nil wind days.

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
You have a socket problem not a plug problem. I wouldn't dream of using a "doubler" on something like a fan which can use a lot of current on high settings.

Is this the basis of your assertion the EB fan is poorly made? If it is I suggest it is a (small) user induced problem. :)

Yes, it was a bit ambitious, but I thought the built-in fuse in the doubler would pop before the doubler self-destructed. Obviously nothing at all to do with the EB fan, if you read the posts above its principally the fact that mine is out of balance and shakes badly above speed 1 that makes me question the build quality.

For the price it is I expect it to work perfectly. Sounds like I've got a duff one though, as others say that their ones don't have the shakes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, it was a bit ambitious, but I thought the built-in fuse in the doubler would pop before the doubler self-destructed. Obviously nothing at all to do with the EB fan, if you read the posts above its principally the fact that mine is out of balance and shakes badly above speed 1 that makes me question the build quality.

For the price it is I expect it to work perfectly. Sounds like I've got a duff one though, as others say that their ones don't have the shakes.
I think you do have a duff one. If you bought it in the UK I suggest sending it back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back