Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
hi Solo,s

I am going to France via Calais end of September,at the moment ,thinking might just do a month,as it will be the first time on my own.:active:

No strict plans ,as France is a big place and I want to travel at a fairly leisurely pace, any one thinking of doing the same thing????:whistle2:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
There"s a good chance we'll be pottering around Brittany/Normandy beaches area during mid to late September then back home to Mayenne

Reactions: Eve

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just remember most campsites will be closed by the end of September - but the aires will be open of course! We will be coming back from France around then and I think you will need to keep an eye on the forecast. It could be nice in the north but you may need to go south for warmth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Eve
OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Thanks for the replies,depending on the weather ,plus getting my left hand mixed up with my right,not sure yet which way I will go.:clap2:

I never stay on campsites in France prefer air de services,often cheaper and in better places.
No fixed agenda,just want to poodle along:snooze: but will chase the sun .:notworthy2:

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Eve, I'm interested in hearing what your plans might be.. if I'm free I may be able to get away... I'll watch your posts.
Ang

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Ang,well I don,t intend to go anywhere fast!!!depending on which sailing I get, !!! My idea of travelling is if it's nice weather I tend to stay,if the weather is iffy ,I travel,would like to do around 3/4 hours then settle,I know lots of nice airs,along the way,no motorways unless free or if easier than going through some of the larger places,Sunday has to be the big,travelling day for a major stretch ,as not many lorries on the Road,so I would hope to be hitting Boudeaux,by then,would like to spend time on the west coast.

You are very welcome!!!!or we could arrange to meet some were.

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
I wish I could join you.....but got a week away planned in Oct with Family to Italy x

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Annette
You will one day!! ,you need family around for your first holidays,it's taken me a year to get this far!!:dance:

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hello Eve

I stumbled across this website a couple of years ago and have found it invaluable

camping-municipal.org

If you look on it, you will I am sure find it very useful. I have used it with my caravan and from next year I will with my motorhome. It is fairly straightforward - might occasionally seem a little slow but sadly that is more us than it, as the speed of data has increased so our expectations have exponentially (?).

I have been doing the solo thing in France for a while. I have made many friends and love it.

Good luck and have a lovely time - I am on the boat to Caen on Thursday but if lucky and space permits Wednesday night.

All the best Clive

Oh and if your in Deal my Caravan and Motorhome are not far away at Old Romney, though I am of course just off the French coast on Guernsey.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Going to the meet at Hyth and Dymchurch,don,t know the area well but, use to go down to the ornithology place down around that way.

Then hoping to get away to France via Dover or Dunkirk .will look up the municipal s,only thing I have found is many closed later on in the year,but think they are good value.,need to get my phone and Internet done.

vicky ann

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
solo newbie
Hi eve i am new to this site also new to solo travel i would love to go to spain for october but not sure if i could make a trip like that by my self , if you are still in england would love to travel or meet up in france

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Vicky,
Still here,just finishing off a few bits, looks like next week for me ,will be leaving D/C route as easiest,heading down to west coast of France to begin with,!!
Will try to send a private message!! eve

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hi Vicky,
Still here,just finishing off a few bits, looks like next week for me ,will be leaving D/C route as easiest,heading down to west coast of France to begin with,!!
Will try to send a private message!! eve
Enjoy (y)

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
As you know Dawn,living so near it's easy,usually get my ticket from the bucket shop,the day before,hanging in to go on Saturday,then do a big swing down on the Sunday
I am aware it's ,going to be different that's why no fixed plans go with the flow.
It's the boat for me,follow the sun,!!!

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Vicky did you get my private message???
Thanks Clive for the municiply site,a lot close end of September,but I do use Air de Services,but thank you any way will bear it in mind when travelling.
I hope to see some funsters while I am away,take some pity on a lost soul,and get the G&T out:party2::whistle2::whistle2: if you are good I will let you feed me as well.:Eeek:

Hymer Joy

Free Member
Nov 3, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Since 2000
hi Solo,s

I am going to France via Calais end of September,at the moment ,thinking might just do a month,as it will be the first time on my own.:active:

No strict plans ,as France is a big place and I want to travel at a fairly leisurely pace, any one thinking of doing the same thing????:whistle2:

Hymer Joy

Free Member
Nov 3, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Since 2000
Shame I have just joined club...I live in France in the Charente..always happy to go places..back in UK for Nov/Dec ..then Spain for Jan. Not easy on your own....but met some really great people on the way.
Hope to catch up with you sometime...

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Joy

Keep in touch,we might just be able to arrange a meet, I am in Spain now haven,t any firm plans ,just going when I feel it's time to move on.
Yes it's a bit lonely,takes some getting use too! Has its bad points and some good points.
Went down for happy hour! That seems to last all night, enjoyed a glass of wine,so not so bad.
I intend to make my way over to Portugal eventually before I slowly go up the west coast,don,t even know how long I will be out.
Keep in touch Eve

MadeInCornwall

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bilbo Conversion
Exp
Since i was a youngster
Hi Eve hope you don't mind, I have just joined this site and am looking through ladies who are travelling on their own as I am thinking of attempting this next year. So just getting an idea of how you all are finding it and trying to pick up as many tips as I can. So have ticked to follow you. You look as if you are coping very well. Best wishes Sonya.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Sonya

The driving is far easier than in GB,you just have to remember to keep the curb on your right, :Eeek::france:
The food tends to be cheaper,plus booze and diesel ,I stay on air de services most of the time,and use campsites when I want a good clean out and relax a bit.:wine::beerchug:
It's company I miss the most,but that all so might be due to my personal circumstances ,very few women doing it on there own, getting use to talking to the dog,keep telling the sat Nav to shut up,made the mistake of not updating it,and lots of new roads.
:swear2:
Staying on a posh one,prices not to bad for the amenities ,should have bought a camping card that gives discount,over the years I mainly wild camped with my husband,I don,t know if I can do the same thing ,so that's a bit hit and miss for me.:imoutahere::cooler:
I think a WI fi on the go is a must,I have. 3 one on a monthly contract that I can cancel with 30 days notice,I Skype all the time.
Solo panel also,reasonable cheap these days.
A plastic container with a lid that has a seal,washing machine on the go.
I always make the mistake of bringing to many clothes.
I can tell you it's 23 degrees here,sun bathing weather,and that alone is a good reason to do it!! It far out ways, cold weather.

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi solo travellers. I might attempt solo travelling abroad in the future even though I have a lovely husband at home who is not interested in going away in my motorhome. I am curious though about getting yourself understood. Do you need to speak the local language in order to get by when travelling around on your own.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
No Spots,takes me all my time to speak English ,can do Scouse :whistle:. You do soon pick up the important odd things,like vino:LOL:.

Slim use to tell me,I was the only person,who could start a conversation,with people who didn't,t speak English and understanding one another.:swear2::party2:

You do have to relax a bit,as other countries know how to relax, they control there lives where we let work control our lives.:france:

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Thought I would up date a bit!! Stayed in Mazarron only one night expensive ,bit like a rabbit warren,but beautiful beach,and they allowed dogs, €21 a night,moved down the road today to an airs never new it existed ,sneaky followed a German van,€6.00 a night,lots of space
image.jpg

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Eve I like your comment about driving abroad, just keep the curb on your right. I can manage that.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Moved on today and found a gem of a place,just outside Vera in Andalucia,think I might stay here as its a holiday in Spain on Monday and Tuesday,the view is from the lower spaces,tennis gym,swimming pool has everything €9.00 a night
image.jpg

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi thought I would up date you! Moved on to a lovely little port spot,think it's a bit over priced as €9.,but it has bars and nice food .Beach for the dog. Enjoying Tapas and wine,
image.jpg

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Sorry this is Almerimar,there is wild camping out of the town,plus a mile down the road a M/H camping place, but I found a lovely bar here,that has one of the best fish and chips I have every eaten.
What more could I want????

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Still about but in Portugal
Found this lovely air de services,just about got on it but no electric available . Anyone for a swim?? Cafe down the road with cakes to die for,will mark this one up in my book.
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back