End of September.

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by Eve, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

hi Solo,s

I am going to France via Calais end of September,at the moment ,thinking might just do a month,as it will be the first time on my own.:active:

No strict plans ,as France is a big place and I want to travel at a fairly leisurely pace, any one thinking of doing the same thing????:whistle2:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

There"s a good chance we'll be pottering around Brittany/Normandy beaches area during mid to late September then back home to Mayenne

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Just remember most campsites will be closed by the end of September - but the aires will be open of course! We will be coming back from France around then and I think you will need to keep an eye on the forecast. It could be nice in the north but you may need to go south for warmth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replies,depending on the weather ,plus getting my left hand mixed up with my right,not sure yet which way I will go.:clap2:

I never stay on campsites in France prefer air de services,often cheaper and in better places.
    No fixed agenda,just want to poodle along:snooze: but will chase the sun .:notworthy2:

• Like Like x 2
  5. mophead

mophead Funster

Hi Eve, I'm interested in hearing what your plans might be.. if I'm free I may be able to get away... I'll watch your posts.
    Ang

6. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Hi Ang,well I don,t intend to go anywhere fast!!!depending on which sailing I get, !!! My idea of travelling is if it's nice weather I tend to stay,if the weather is iffy ,I travel,would like to do around 3/4 hours then settle,I know lots of nice airs,along the way,no motorways unless free or if easier than going through some of the larger places,Sunday has to be the big,travelling day for a major stretch ,as not many lorries on the Road,so I would hope to be hitting Boudeaux,by then,would like to spend time on the west coast.

You are very welcome!!!!or we could arrange to meet some were.

7. Briarose

Briarose

I wish I could join you.....but got a week away planned in Oct with Family to Italy x

8. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Hi Annette
    You will one day!! ,you need family around for your first holidays,it's taken me a year to get this far!!:dance:

9. Cleve

Cleve Funster

Hello Eve

I stumbled across this website a couple of years ago and have found it invaluable

camping-municipal.org

If you look on it, you will I am sure find it very useful. I have used it with my caravan and from next year I will with my motorhome. It is fairly straightforward - might occasionally seem a little slow but sadly that is more us than it, as the speed of data has increased so our expectations have exponentially (?).

I have been doing the solo thing in France for a while. I have made many friends and love it.

Good luck and have a lovely time - I am on the boat to Caen on Thursday but if lucky and space permits Wednesday night.

All the best Clive

Oh and if your in Deal my Caravan and Motorhome are not far away at Old Romney, though I am of course just off the French coast on Guernsey.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Going to the meet at Hyth and Dymchurch,don,t know the area well but, use to go down to the ornithology place down around that way.

Then hoping to get away to France via Dover or Dunkirk .will look up the municipal s,only thing I have found is many closed later on in the year,but think they are good value.,need to get my phone and Internet done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vicky ann

vicky ann

Hi eve i am new to this site also new to solo travel i would love to go to spain for october but not sure if i could make a trip like that by my self , if you are still in england would love to travel or meet up in france

12. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Hi Vicky,
    Still here,just finishing off a few bits, looks like next week for me ,will be leaving D/C route as easiest,heading down to west coast of France to begin with,!!
    Will try to send a private message!! eve

13. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Enjoy (y)

14. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Open return:france::party2::wine:

• Like Like x 3
  15. scousebird

scousebird Funster

When are you going?

16. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

As you know Dawn,living so near it's easy,usually get my ticket from the bucket shop,the day before,hanging in to go on Saturday,then do a big swing down on the Sunday
    I am aware it's ,going to be different that's why no fixed plans go with the flow.
    It's the boat for me,follow the sun,!!!

17. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Vicky did you get my private message???
    Thanks Clive for the municiply site,a lot close end of September,but I do use Air de Services,but thank you any way will bear it in mind when travelling.
    I hope to see some funsters while I am away,take some pity on a lost soul,and get the G&T out:party2::whistle2::whistle2: if you are good I will let you feed me as well.:Eeek:

18. Hymer Joy

Hymer Joy

19. Hymer Joy

Hymer Joy

Shame I have just joined club...I live in France in the Charente..always happy to go places..back in UK for Nov/Dec ..then Spain for Jan. Not easy on your own....but met some really great people on the way.
    Hope to catch up with you sometime...

20. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Hi Joy

Keep in touch,we might just be able to arrange a meet, I am in Spain now haven,t any firm plans ,just going when I feel it's time to move on.
    Yes it's a bit lonely,takes some getting use too! Has its bad points and some good points.
    Went down for happy hour! That seems to last all night, enjoyed a glass of wine,so not so bad.
    I intend to make my way over to Portugal eventually before I slowly go up the west coast,don,t even know how long I will be out.
    Keep in touch Eve