End of Season Chill Out "Weekend" (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just making dentative enquiries at the moment,,

Would any members be up for a 3-4 day end of season chill out Rally at the Clay Pigeon Raceway & Kart track,, on the Yeovil to Dorchester Road.

End of September beginning of October... Weather usually nice,, Be good for any Clay Pigeon Shooters or Go Kart fanatics,

If enough numbers were up for it, I could ask a friend who owns a coach Company for a deal to drop us off in Weymouth one day and take back to the site 4-5 hours later,, (No driving,, so have a wander round town and a few drinks and perhaps a meal)
Or a day trip to Yeovil Fleet Air Museum, again not sure of entry fee`s.

At the moment it is just an idea,, so no knowledge on camp fee`s or shooting/karting prices..

The site has Grass & Hard standings.. If you Google Earth.. (Clay Pigeon Dorset) you will get a good picture of surrounding area,, Approx 16 miles from Weymouth & 18 miles from Yeovil,,

Could make it a 3-4 day meet, It`s up to you what do you think ? :Smile:

If enough interest I will find out pricings etc.. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi old mo, and welcome back.

WE may be interested but all would depend on dates really.

If you are looking at October, it may be best to do it on the half term week as some of us are bound by school holidays.

we are often away October half term and a bit of karting and Shooting sounds good.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Old Mo

We would be interested in an October meet, arrive Friday afternoon, depart Sunday evening.:thumb: Day trip to Weymouth sounds good, haven't been there for years.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
hi old mo, and welcome back.

WE may be interested but all would depend on dates really.

If you are looking at October, it may be best to do it on the half term week as some of us are bound by school holidays.

we are often away October half term and a bit of karting and Shooting sounds good.:thumb:

I have got to see the guy at the campsite tomorrow regarding a Harley Davidson rally,, so will ask a few questions..:Smile:

When is half term,, we have not had to arrange holidays around childrens schooling for 30 odd years,, bit out of touch. :ROFLMAO:

A day trip !!! "Brisey" You can walk round Weymouth in 25mins. :winky:

LaughingHeart

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Southampton uk
Funster No
MH
Pop Top
Exp
Too many to mention
chill out weekend.

I am definitely interested.......you show me yours and I'll show you mine! See; Hayling Island Meet 11th-15th sept 09. Paol [LaughingHeart]:Wacko::thumb::winky:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I have another meeting with the owners on Monday or Tuesday,, to thrash out minimalistic charges :winky:

If you google Earth (Clay Pigeon Dorset),, you will get a good birds eye view of the site,,

If it comes of we can have the field on the left, just behind the ploughed one,, should the weather be dodgy we can have the whole of the car park to the right of the big marquee.

They have Kart meets most weekends,, but if enough interest is shown they will let us have the track friday eve/night. (Not sure if it is floodlit, so anyone wanting to have a roust round the track,, bring a torch and some gaffer tape :ROFLMAO:)

The Karting and Shooting will have to be sorted out later..

They have offered us free of charge, their brand new hall with dance floor/stage and seating for 100/150,,,, for free,,

Could we put something on for the Saturday night ?? :drink::whistle: Can any member play a guitar,, any singers ?

I am aiming at the weekends of the 16-17-18th Oct,, or 23-24-25th Oct,, I shall be there on the Thursday so any members wanting an extra long weekend is more than welcome..:thumb:

I will post again after our meet with the owners.

Thanks.
Maurice..

paradocs

Free Member
Feb 2, 2008
Water Stratford, Bucks.
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi old mo,
Our son has recently returned from Afghanistan and is in the Fleet Air Arm based at RNAS Yeovilton. We would be interested in further info on dates etc. We have done the FAA museum before and would certainly recommend a visit; Flying arm of the Royal Navy, see and learn about helicopters, aircraft- Fleet Air Arm Museum
However, the idea of a trip to Weymouth sounds good :Cool: - retail therapy for her ::bigsmile: and alcoholic therapy for him :thumb:

Dave and Kath

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi old mo,
Our son has recently returned from Afghanistan and is in the Fleet Air Arm based at RNAS Yeovilton. We would be interested in further info on dates etc. We have done the FAA museum before and would certainly recommend a visit; Flying arm of the Royal Navy, see and learn about helicopters, aircraft- Fleet Air Arm Museum
However, the idea of a trip to Weymouth sounds good :Cool: - retail therapy for her ::bigsmile: and alcoholic therapy for him :thumb:

Dave and Kath

Kath will be hard pressed to find any shops open,, the rate they are closing down.. :ROFLMAO:

But spose thats not a bad thing ,, gives you more money to spend and participate in the hundreds of boozers and clubs :winky:

If it all comes of,, Will have to have a vote on Weymouth or Fleet Air Arm Museum..:thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
We have done the FAA museum before and would certainly recommend a visit

Never been to the FAA museum but I would really like to visit.

Old Mo - I would be interested in a get together as I'm hoping to collect my MH in mid September from the converter who is near Yeovil so end of September would be good for me, are the dates fixed as yet ???

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Never been to the FAA museum but I would really like to visit.

Old Mo - I would be interested in a get together as I'm hoping to collect my MH in mid September from the converter who is near Yeovil so end of September would be good for me, are the dates fixed as yet ???

Hi Losos,,
Census of opinion at the moment is the half term for children which so I am given to understand starts approx 23 October,, and that week is pretty quite at Southern Leisure centre. Most other weekends are booked either with Kart Racing proper or international Clay Pigeon Shooting, that is one of the reasons for the mid to end of October,, Hope you can still make it. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
"Sorry"

After all my efforts this weekend is not going to happen..:cry:

Most weekends are booked with shooting comps.

I will try for a spring weekend.

again sorry.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thats a shame Mo:Sad::cry: will look forward to a spring meet if it is possible.::bigsmile::thumb:
In the meantime:thanks2: for your efforts.:thumb::thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
"Sorry"

again sorry.

Mo Thanks for trying

here is a thought -

why not do the half term meet from Monday to Friday those with children would make it ?

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Old mo ,we would be interested.
Have some decks and plenty of good old vinyl records if you want music in hall.
Dave
ps when ever you can arrange it.

Last edited:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
"Sorry"

again sorry.

No need for apologies, you tried, and you've told everyone well in advance, so nothing lost, and many people wouldn't even try.

Spring 2010 is actually better for me so I'll try to keep an eye open for your new thread, if I miss it please feel free to PM me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back