End of a dream ? (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Jim, you've been there done it, wrote the book, and probably got all the T-shirts too,I don't think any one will criticize you and what you have done..your reasons for not fulltiming are your own and no-one can fault you for it
I for one have read your posts with enthusiasm and that's where knowledge comes from.... other peoples info ..and a lot of yours was always read with gusto I for one say:thumb:thanks.
What ever you decide I'm sure you'll do it with your usual aplomb!!
My late Mum always said don't regret the things you've done...regret those you've never done

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello big pal.

Normally I read through all the previous posts before replying, but as we are on a slow GPRS signal, I have only read the first page, and have related your joint decision to Rita.

The past three years will have been memorable ones, and will have added to life's experiences. We first met at Ferry Meadows, P/boro on one of KandS meets, and have met up a few times since, including the Aire at Mimizan Plage. It's just a pity that the blooming weather was so awful, otherwise we would have stayed a bit longer. :Smile:

I personally have admired the steps that you took to change your lifestyle when you weren't happy with living in the "rat race." It's not a decision to be taken lightly, and most of us would not have wanted to part with the security of "nine to five" and "bricks and mortar", but you and Jan went for it, and until now, it has suited you both as well as young Charlotte. She has blossomed and matured over the time, and I am sure that later in life, she'll look upon the adventure as a much treasured part of her upbringing and education of life.
Whatever you and Jan decide, Rita and I wish all three of you, the very best and we hope that wherever, and whatever, you find happiness and contentment.

Kindest regards,

Jock & Rita.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Jim you are no failure. On the contrary you have been a source of invaluable and generous help with your posts for newbies like us. Although we have not met we feel we know you from your posts.
What's more, you have done what many of us dream of doing but for various reasons may not be able to do.
I know how you feel a bit as it has been awful to be without a van for the last few weeks. There are, however, many exciting discoveries for you in your smaller van where you can reach places inaccessible to a RV .
Enjoy the next chapter and tell us of the changes as you go forward to a new exciting way of life. All the best and good luck,
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Doesn't mean you have to leave us Jim, even if your life path changes :Smile:

Hope you and Jan and Charlotte and your pup find your place in Scotland again and that your travels recommence albeit in a different van and in a different way; your input to so many motorhomers has become somewhat legendary and will be missed.

The very best to you all. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Laurie and Jen

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Smile:Hi Jim Jan & Chas,
Good luck in whatever you do, your informative contributions have been invaluable, now you know I am not a technical person more curtain and cushions me,:ROFLMAO: but I always read your posts as they were very educational, we thought about fulltiming too, but decided that it wasn't for us, but you will live on the memories of your adventures for ever. Hope to meet upwith you all again sometime. When you start your travels again:thumb: Please keep posting.

ruth & tony

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi jim ,jan & chaz,thats a big decision as was fultiming,but what ever your path myself & jo wish you happy times and good health:Smile::thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Blimey! That's come as a bit of a surprise. You're the guru of full timing - almost an icon.::bigsmile:

Still, things move on and needs and desires change. Good luck in your new lifestyle, whatever it is. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much you seemed to enjoy the old.

All the best.

Nobody can say you lack courage.:thumb:

John

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Looking at it from a different angle..... You are still full timing, just with a different type of foundation, swapping rubber for concrete :Doh:

When it comes down to nit picking, none of the motorhomers/RVers who spend a lot of time away in their vans fulltime in a van OR a house but get the best of both worlds, maybe that is the next path for you?

Where ever you end up, and whatever you do, be happy and true to yourselves

Blessings

Tina

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
All the best Jim and family on whatever path you go down next, You have done more than most people in the world and i am sure you will have lots of stories from your adventures to tell your grandchildren. :thumb::thumb:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
All the best to you and your family Jim and good luck for the future.

The Call of Scotland to its own cannot be ignored.

In this, the year of "Homecoming" the call for those to return home is even stronger.

I wish you and yours good health to enjoy many more years of Motorhoming whether it be in a luxury European vehicle or a beat up tranny that you might find somewhere.

GOOD LUCK!!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim and Family,
Just got on here today (thanks to dongle) Bob and I wish you all the best with the new chapter you are starting. Looking forward to seeing you about in your dingadong van. Make mine a 99! Take care, Jane

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
All the best to you and your family, just a pity we didn't get to actually meet you, I wish you all the best in you new life in Scotland but just remember from one Englishman you will always be welcome to come back to live or work here, any time,

Also please don't be a stranger on this web site as your knowledge is and always will be very welcome.

Braunston

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Whilst I have not been fortunate enough to meet you personally you have given so much to this forum and convinced so many of us that full timing was an option to take seriously and not go into on a whim some of us have taken the plunge but I think many have avoided making a terrible mistake for them having read posts from you and many others with long term experience of full timing.

For myself we started full timing at the begining of June 09 so far so good we are loving it we can only see where life takes us from here.

Many here including us owe you greatful thanks for the insight you have provided to so many things

We wish you and your family all the very best of luck in everything you plan for your future and still look forward to the possibility of maybe meeting you in person at some point in the future

Neil & Ann

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim

Good luck for the future. A new chapter in your familys life. look at all the places you have been and all the places you can go (and be able to park anywhere :ROFLMAO:) You are off on another branch of lifes tree. I'm sure that you Jan and Chas (and of course Milo) will have fun whatever you are doing and wherever you are.

Take Care

Sonja

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Jim,

Only just read this,

Only you, Jan and Chas can make the decision...

Hope everything turns great for you all and May your travels continue....:Cool:

Hope you're not leaving this site too....Always value your advice.

Steve.:thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Jim and Family

Good luck in your new venture. It's a new branch in life and we all reach these peroidically. Remember you have a wealth of experience and memories which can never be taken from you.

We've enjoyed and learnt from your input to this forum and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Al and Gill

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Well Jim will we all be running out and buying panel vans next? after you have taught us how its done of course, sounds good to me
dave

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I'm new here Jim, but already you have given me some insight into a subject that 'concerned' me.

I've never been full time, though my wife and I have discussed it as a possibility. I have however spent several months at a time on the road, so I can appreciate just a little, the fun you must have had.

Your avatar is inspirational, and I've a feeling that you are going to miss fulltiming, maybe not immediately, but certainly in a year or so. Can a panel van ever replace a Georgieboy??

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck and best wishes:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back