Encouraging more folks to go "Wild" (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
yeah, but somehow 'EngGrahame' just sounds wrong :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
In view of being English, with Irish grandparents, children brought up in wales, and living in Scotland..........

'EngEirWalScotGra' ?

Nah, still sounds daft :rolleyes::D

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Gassing - the Myth ?
I've tried not to be controversial nor harsh (some may say I failed ?), however ... before anyone says they heard down the pub their neighbours cat overheard an uncle who talked to his best mates cousin that they heard somewhere from someone that somebody had ben gassed ...

I have personally made up my mind based solely on this and NOTHING else direct from the Royal College of Anaesthetists
Link Removed.
Chrz

We've been gassed in our van, on the aire in Arques. We woke up about midnight feeling sick and headachey to find the French van parked close to us had started his engine to charge up his batteries so they could all carry on watching TV. The exhaust, on the side of his van, was pushing out fumes right into our vents beside it and I think we were quite lucky that the noise woke us. I guess, from the noise and the excess of fumes that the van engine was not properly adjusted. I'm aware that even a cold start of a petrol engine probably doesn't push out enough carbon monoxide to kill but directed into our little space, it certainly didn't do us any good. Were I thinking of robbing vans then I wonder if directing the fumes from my badly adjusted engine into the victim's van through a length of pipe to the drop vents underneath, might render them quiet at the very least ! Just a thought ...

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
How long did that take before you realised?
They were getting high, otherwise they would have moved earlier...!
Like my grandfather, he drowned in a brewery... Terrible death, they say he would have died quicker but he got out twice to go to the toilet !

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
We woke up about midnight ...

We were asleep. We'd gone to bed before midnight. I don't know how long it had been going on as they must have arrived after we went to bed. No, we didn't move but I got up and went and suggested they did so as they were disturbing our sleep and gassing us. This they did, with many apologies.

We didn't see it as a joke at the time- in fact we don't see it as a joke at all, but it does make us a little more aware of our neighbours when we stop for the night.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I really don't know why peeps are trying to encourage others to wildcamp. Each to their own I say.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back