Emptying your loo when 'wild camping' (2 Viewers)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi wizzer long walk here for a tree even the dog is trying to hold it in .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 072.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 072.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 103.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 103.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 15

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
is that a ben doun .?
no you cant do it on the beach thats horrible .
i always thought what you need is a cardboard box and some xmas wrapping paper pack it up then leave it by the road side on xmas day . hee hee .
my dad used to do that with turkey bones and bits . amazing how many stop pick it up . my kids loved it made the afternoon interesting . we spied from behind the curtains .hee hee.

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
is that a ben doun .?
no you cant do it on the beach thats horrible .
i always thought what you need is a cardboard box and some xmas wrapping paper pack it up then leave it by the road side on xmas day . hee hee .
my dad used to do that with turkey bones and bits . amazing how many stop pick it up . my kids loved it made the afternoon interesting . we spied from behind the curtains .hee hee.

so cruel...
but soooo funny

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The RV system works fine , but when dumping a weeks poo you must hold the pipe or you will be in the s##t, it comes out geyser like when you pull the valve :Eeek::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We started with chemicals, gave that up for bio liquids and have switched to a SOG and it is so much better. No chems, no smells and I'm happy to empty the cassette in public loos. Best £100 you can spend.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Not sure about a public septic system but we have a septic tank at home and there are lots of stuff I can't use for cleaning as it messes with the system and that includes Bio washing liquid . We always empty out loo at an aire on our way home for that reason.[/QUOTE

We have an old brick septic tank that serves our house and I use bio washing powder in our washing machine, plus the dishwashing tablets etc. The whole lot goes into our septic tank and we don't normally have a problem, however, we were advised to put a dead rabbit in the septic tank to balance the natural bacteria in it.

However, on occasions Bill might have to do a spot of "rodding" to clear any blockages. Usually after we have "female" visitors:Blush:
Bill tells me there's a strange satisfaction to be had by seeing the blockage clear and the waters flowing again:thumb:
Almost lost his glasses down the tank one day though:Doh:
Clearing tanks, cassettes not a problem for him.........it's a dirty job but someone has to do it!!:roflmto:
Margaret:Sad:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
When we used to caravan we never used fluids of either colour as the perfume would give SWMBO really bad asthma, Allergy advice, Perfume is a major cause of asthma. We live in a perfume free home and everything we have to use is scent free. Other irritants are aerosol particles from deodorants, air fresheners and other house hold cleaning products. Its one reason we Caravan and now Motorhome because we do not need to cope with other people who use all those harmful substances.

We have never had problems with toilet smells other than the Perfume that is. Nature can cope with whats natural but not so well with Chemicals. I like the idea of that sog thing but I don't think its in me to install it, looks way to complex for me.

Really found this useful as a topic Thanks for starting it.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I agree, those chemicals smell worse than the waste. Not that mine smells at all.. :Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I like the idea of that sog thing but I don't think its in me to install it, looks way to complex for me.

It's not a difficult job - took me a morning to do but a lot of the time was spent in planning and making certain I drilled the hole through the cassette access door in the correct place. It does require a bit of contortion to get at the toilet bowl fixing lugs and to fix the activation switch. If in doubt, I'm sure lots of motorhome fitters will install one for a reasonable fee - perhaps at a show?

I strongly recommend the SOG - get one and join the chemical free set! :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
have a look Broken Link Removed
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We have an old brick septic tank that serves our house and I use bio washing powder in our washing machine, plus the dishwashing tablets etc. The whole lot goes into our septic tank and we don't normally have a problem, however, we were advised to put a dead rabbit in the septic tank to balance the natural bacteria in it.

However, on occasions Bill might have to do a spot of "rodding" to clear any blockages. Usually after we have "female" visitors:Blush:
Bill tells me there's a strange satisfaction to be had by seeing the blockage clear and the waters flowing again:thumb:
Clearing tanks, cassettes not a problem for him.........it's a dirty job but someone has to do it!!:roflmto:
[/QUOTE]
my advice would be direct the washer and dish washer etc into a seperate soak away system . you could kill it believe me . i know of some thats worked for years then got messed up by washing machine water.

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
alls we do is pay a £5 to any camp site empty my cassettes ,mt waste, water top up fresh water use showers they all ways seem ok about it

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Emptying your poo tank

There are currently 2 threads running today regarding poo, then by coincedence someone emails this. YUM YUM

When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had and the perp had been punished enough!

Remember....

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]They walk among us[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif].............&[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif] they can reproduce.[/FONT]

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Research perhaps?

Hmm............. think I might just go out to the 'van, fill the cassette tank with a couple of litres of water and have me a nice relaxing poo :Blush:

(need to see what it's really like without Tesco's helping out a little.....hehe)

:whatthe::Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

In an idea world where money wasn't an option yes, but the house and tank are over 100 years old, we are surrounded by fields and the field where o
my advice would be direct the washer and dish washer etc into a seperate soak away system . you could kill it believe me . i know of some thats worked for years then got messed up by washing machine water.[/QUOTE]

:Smile:
In an ideal world it should be separate agree with you, but the house and tank is well over 100 years old, it is the system that is in place, it's working fine, so it will need to stay that way.

The tank is in the field next door to us and it would be a major expense to remove the old tank, dig all around the area and install a modern "onion" Klargester system. Plus getting the permission of the owner of the adjoining field, so it's a "catch 22" situation really.

He should be paying to drain his field better, but he won't, so it will need to continue to chug along as it's doing. Fortunately we don't have many problems with it, maybe after prolonged heavy rain, but again that's the problem with the field and not up to us to fix it.

Bill

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I agree, those chemicals smell worse than the waste. Not that mine smells at all.. :Smile:

:roflmto:
It must be a "man thing" .........."smell, huh, what smell?" The question is usually accompanied by a quizzical look as well:RollEyes:
Margaret:Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you dont have to change the tank , there wasnt washing machines 100 yrs ago . thats the problem . a good plumber wouldnt plumb them into sewage . just run a pipe from them into field .into a gravel filled hole .doesnt have to be big .or even into your own garden . but not into sewage tank .
down here we have them been working for hundred years in goes washing machine water etc then after a few years you might need a tanker come to empty . then its 3-6 months from then on ,. save a shilling fix it now .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back