Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
It's me again - a little embarrassed this time. I can't work out how to empty the waste water tank. At hand over the guy said 'there's your lever' and I thought 'fine'. Today I tried to empty it but couldn't move the lever. No-one around to ask.
It turns 90deg but then I can neither push or pull it.
What am I doing wrong?
Mags

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
The general rule of thumb with that type of valve is if the handel is at 90 Degrees across the the direction of the pipework it is closed, when the handel is in line with the pipework it is open. Once you are sure it is open make sure it's not blocked as Brian suggests. :thumb:

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
It's me again - a little embarrassed this time. I can't work out how to empty the waste water tank. At hand over the guy said 'there's your lever' and I thought 'fine'. Today I tried to empty it but couldn't move the lever. No-one around to ask.
What am I doing wrong?
Mags

One additional suggestion - is the van parked on level ground? If there's not much water in the waste tank and the side where the waste outlet is, is slightly raised because of a slope or camber of the ground, the water will move to the other side of the tank, away from the waste pipe. ie it will not empty all the water.

We empty our tank regularly and don't tend to drive around with much waste . Hence, we find it often only drains completely if the van is absolutely level or sloping downwards on the drain/waste pipe side.

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
americans do it differently

What am I doing wrong?
Mags

We pull to open and push to close on an American RV... simple.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Ours is a push pull on an Elnagh - it is extremely stiff when opening and closing so maybe needs a little oomph? :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. It turned out to be a mixture of things. We weren't quite level for one, there wasn't a lot in the tank for two and finally when I did run water through the system to clean it there was a big glug glug sound then a rush of water as though it had been a bit bunged with something.
Next question - (there's always one isn't there...). They supplied an extension pipe for when we couldn't get over the waste drop. The pipe doesn't fit over or inside the aperture - in fact it appears to be exactly the same diameter. Should there be a connecting sleeve of some kind? The extension pipe looks like a vacuum cleaner pipe with plastic ends. These ends are the same diameter as the waste outlet. The pipe was brand new, obviously unused, but the dealer said it was already in the van when it was brought in, so it sounds like the last owner couldn't get it to fit either!
Hope that makes sense
Mags

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back