LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
After the case of the broken camera, (which incidentally according to the complainant, in his original complaint email, developed a fault in the JUNE) the complaint was that he had to deal with the manufacturer of the faulty camera ( it had water in it) as Van Bitz were unavailable in the August when he tried to let us know of his problem

Emergencies come in all shapes and sizes, I have lost count of the times I have returned an "emergency" call from our answer phone, on a Sunday morning, to find out that the emergency is that someone has bought a Motorhome, that in 1992 someone called "Eddie" fitted an alarm on, and the new owners don't have an instruction book lol

However, we do listen and hopefully learn

This year the Van Bitz office is open as usual, and the workshop is only closed for ten working days

This is instead of our traditional 21 day complete shut down to co-incide with our major European suppliers

I write this however, in a bar with WiFi with an Ice cold beer, looking at the sea :cool:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Perhaps you should have an "emergency" bell - just like the Burley Park C&CC :whistle:.

Hope you're enjoying the beer & sea (y).

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Don't blame you Eddie, I deal with most of Europe and August is pretty much a write off for getting anything done!

By the way, top marks to your office team. I contacted a well known Oyster installer for a very basic part for my satellite system - a top seal - "Sorry, we don't sell parts, we only do servicing". I phoned your office, "Sorry we don't do them but here's the phone number for Oyster UK, they'll sort you out". One phone call and £9 later and all was done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Obviously not.

As with any serious top of the line security system it isn't meant to be tampered with by the user.

If it was easy and obvious for you to mess around with it and bypass it then it would be equally so for any potential thief and therefore be pretty pointless.

I don't even know where they fitted the Non Starter module on my van and I don't need to know.

I know where the Strikeback/Growler box is because I've had to use the override on that which is pretty straightforward if you know the code.

I didn't make it clear that I didn't think that there would be instructions for security reasons.
I also didn't expect to need to know where the non- starter was which is why I had as much trouble as I did!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
VanBitz service has always been superb for me. They've always been brilliant when I've needed help..

Compare that with the UK agents for a certain brand of electrical/electronic control equipment popularly used on motorhome. The manufacturers own website actually sends you to the well known Southern based motorhome dealer as their official contact in the UK.

I contacted them with what I thought was a very simple technical question and the reply was "We only sell it, we don't support it." That was it. Nothing more. I replied back wondering if they intended to suggest who might be a good contact to deal with my query and to date they haven't even bothered to reply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I'm not being critical of Vanbitz, I have been having a conversation with Eddie through this site, where he was trying to help, but I had already got there with phone calls to their mechanic.
It was just unfortunate for me that I had my problem when they weren't in the office and I was not in the nicest spot.
Had I known what to do, I could probably have sorted it or I could have called the breakdown service, but was doubtful that they would have been able to help without the right knowledge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back