Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi,

We are in the last thro's of preparing for our big trip abroad. One thing I need to know is, what is the form for using emails whilst away. Do I have to keep my internet service provider (BT Broadband) for which I pay £20 odd per month or is there an easier way?

manys thanks.

ken

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Hi Ken, you won't connect to the internet using BT while away, you will use whatever internet you can find, probably wi-fi at a campsite. You will probably have to pay separately for that.

BUT if you use your BT email address to email people, you will probably need to keep paying the £20 per month for that, or BT might remove that email address. The alternative is to set up a new free email account, through Yahoo or one of the other free ones like MSN. The downside of that is you will need to tell all your friends/family what your new Yahoo/MSN email address is so they can contact you.

Hope that helps!
Jonathan

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thanks for that Jonathan, I did'nt think it would be simple. So it's either keep paying BT or use a free provider which would entail having a new email address. I will check out the free ones now.

ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you change to Yahoo, you can let all your addressees in your contacts know with just one email sent to all.
It is also easy to import your address book from any other email account.
Really easy:Smile::Smile:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
I don't know about BT, but many ISPs just leave old email addresses valid when you leave. Worth checking with BT direct I'd say.

Alternatively as has already been advised, set up a Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc account free ... and you've got an email addy for life:winky:

Plenty of free Wifi access in France (remember Macdonald's always have free wifi), as well as variable-cost Wifi on many campsites.

Enjoy your trip!!:thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: In the last 7 years while we were touring and basically Wild Camping. We used a Mobile phone plus Wifi (now and again and especially in the USA). We have always used Yahoo, plus the Spanish provider Oriolnet (now a waste of time due to Spam) and another provider called GoNuts4Free which is UK/Spanish with phone numbers for the UK and Spain. Once access to the internet is made. ANY email adress can be used if it is Web mail based. The handy thing about GoNuts4Free is that it can be used with Outlook Express.
Happy emailing. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back