Elnagh doral 112.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nickvancody, Feb 12, 2012.

1. nickvancody

nickvancody Read Only Funster

Hi as a newbie motorhomer,I think you could be getting a lot of questions from me !!! We pick up our Elnagh Doral 112 ,on a 1999 ford transit 2.5td chassis. I'm been looking on the net and cant seem to find anybody else with a similar vehicle,have I picked a turkey of a motorhome ,or a dinosaur that is completly extinct ??? Their are none for sale (except the one we have bought) and I can find no mention of them anywhere.Before I pay for it can anybody give me a thumbs up on this six birth van,or should I get my old tent out the dustbin and hide in the corner?
    Cheers Nick (the worrier)

2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

3. nickvancody

Elnagh Doral112

Hi thanks for that,started to get cold feet before I'd put my first beer in the fridge ! Nick

4. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Are you buying from a dealer or is it private?

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Transits of that age apart from rust can be a good buy, plenty of spares available. Don't expect to break any speed records though, but can if they have been looked after be a good buy.

6. nickvancody

elnagh doral 112

I am buying this from a dealer.And as far as I can see there is no rust on the usuall areas .As for speed records,I think the idea is to slow down a bit so very happy to plod along and hold up a few of the speed freaks on our wonderful country roads.
    Cheers Nick

7. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Who is the dealer? maybe someone on here has some feedback on them?, I think the main thing to look out for on any motorhome let alone a quite old one is damp, so make sure you check carefully for damp and if you are still unsure don't be afraid to get an independent professional to take a good look at it:thumb: