Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
suffolk.uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi as a newbie motorhomer,I think you could be getting a lot of questions from me !!! We pick up our Elnagh Doral 112 ,on a 1999 ford transit 2.5td chassis. I'm been looking on the net and cant seem to find anybody else with a similar vehicle,have I picked a turkey of a motorhome ,or a dinosaur that is completly extinct ??? Their are none for sale (except the one we have bought) and I can find no mention of them anywhere.Before I pay for it can anybody give me a thumbs up on this six birth van,or should I get my old tent out the dustbin and hide in the corner?
Cheers Nick (the worrier)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Nick
If its like this one . Looks ok to me mate, same as any other motor the more history it has the better and the old transits go on forever with plenty of spares to be had:thumb:

OP
OP
N

nickvancody

Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
suffolk.uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Elnagh Doral112

Hi thanks for that,started to get cold feet before I'd put my first beer in the fridge ! Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Transits of that age apart from rust can be a good buy, plenty of spares available. Don't expect to break any speed records though, but can if they have been looked after be a good buy.

OP
OP
N

nickvancody

Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
suffolk.uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
elnagh doral 112

I am buying this from a dealer.And as far as I can see there is no rust on the usuall areas .As for speed records,I think the idea is to slow down a bit so very happy to plod along and hold up a few of the speed freaks on our wonderful country roads.
Cheers Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Who is the dealer? maybe someone on here has some feedback on them?, I think the main thing to look out for on any motorhome let alone a quite old one is damp, so make sure you check carefully for damp and if you are still unsure don't be afraid to get an independent professional to take a good look at it:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back