Ellddis Autoquest waste tap siezed (1 Viewer)

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, the grey water waste tap on a 2 year old Autoquest 120 has got really stiff. Tried removing it, washing out, WD40 etc don't want to risk forcing it. Any suggestions ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably best to replace it.

if its plastic then WD40 wont really help...it need a silicon grease spray or put it in boiling water for a few minutes then quickly start it moving again.

theres every chance it will sieze again later.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ours did the same thing. Couldn't find another anywhere so I ended up buying a tap for a garden water butt from Wilkinsons, which worked fine until the clip holding the waste pipe broke on the way home from somewhere last year. Didn't do the tap much good being dragged along the road for a couple of hundred miles :Smile:

When that happened I gave the original tap a good wash and then lubricated it with olive oil (I keep a bottle in the garage for lubricating the toilet cassette workings). Pouring the oil into the tap and then working it open/closed a few times brought it back to life. Still a bit stiff but much better than it was.

I bought a new water butt tap to carry as a spare just in case the original goes on a wobbler again :Smile:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back