Elegant 380 Model Year 2000 Mileage 80500km (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Does anyone have any knowledge/know of any problems I should look for on this motorhome?
I believe it's a Fiat. Translation below.
Can't believe how difficult it is to find a van with the right lay-out. This seems right for me, and it has an oven which is a bonus.

It's priced at €20K -about £17,400. What should I offer first?

HUGE thanks for any advice.

DESCRIPTION

5 places - including a child sleeps 5
Engine: 2.8 TDI / DA (Diesel)
Long. 5900 - width. 2280 - High. 2900
Curb Weight: 2955 - GVWR: 3400
EQUIPMENT aerials - Car Audio - Outdoor Store - Solar panel - Alarm - bicycle rack, Rear view camera, Scale and Gallery ... ETC OUR OPINION Over-cab bed, Small in size but very comfortable 5 people complete with ultra Equipment gas oven, Separate shower. belt distribution, two new front tyres 3 months warranty ( See terms and conditions )

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is this from a dealer? The price looks a little high, not much, but I'm sure there is some negotiation room. Will you be negotiating face to face?

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks, Jim.
It's from a dealership, but a good distance away.
Am I better off haggling (ha! In French too--that should be fun) or doing it via email?

I've read the book--got a list of what to look at, and know I have to negotiate the price, and if it's the right van (going to see it Wednesday) then I'll do my best!

Not sure there is a huge amount selling here at the moment--seen some FSBO been online for weeks and still for sale, so hoping I can settle at about €17K if right vehicle. Does that sound about right?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks, Jim.
It's from a dealership, but a good distance away.
Am I better off haggling (ha! In French too--that should be fun) or doing it via email?

I've read the book--got a list of what to look at, and know I have to negotiate the price, and if it's the right van (going to see it Wednesday) then I'll do my best!

Not sure there is a huge amount selling here at the moment--seen some FSBO been online for weeks and still for sale, so hoping I can settle at about €17K if right vehicle. Does that sound about right?

Try googling your motorhome to find comparative prices. It seems your's is about £1K - £1.5K overpriced so I would haggle hard.

Norman

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I woul dhave thought ot pointless hagling without seeing it. Myself, I would go and check it out, make a list of what you want done on it, ask about warranty etc,......then write your offer on a card with your contact details on, and go home. Dont let any acceptance of offer be at the expense of warranty or condition. Good luck.

PS, did the above myself just recently........and i dd,nt have to go home.

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Payload would be my main concern, Hollyberry. It's definitely nowhere near enough for five people and would be touch-and-go for three or fourbut probably OK for two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back