Elegant 380 Model Year 2000 Mileage 80500km

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hollyberry, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Does anyone have any knowledge/know of any problems I should look for on this motorhome?
    I believe it's a Fiat. Translation below.
    Can't believe how difficult it is to find a van with the right lay-out. This seems right for me, and it has an oven which is a bonus.

It's priced at €20K -about £17,400. What should I offer first?

HUGE thanks for any advice.

DESCRIPTION

5 places - including a child sleeps 5
    Engine: 2.8 TDI / DA (Diesel)
    Long. 5900 - width. 2280 - High. 2900
    Curb Weight: 2955 - GVWR: 3400
    EQUIPMENT aerials - Car Audio - Outdoor Store - Solar panel - Alarm - bicycle rack, Rear view camera, Scale and Gallery ... ETC OUR OPINION Over-cab bed, Small in size but very comfortable 5 people complete with ultra Equipment gas oven, Separate shower. belt distribution, two new front tyres 3 months warranty ( See terms and conditions )

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Is this from a dealer? The price looks a little high, not much, but I'm sure there is some negotiation room. Will you be negotiating face to face?

3. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Thanks, Jim.
    It's from a dealership, but a good distance away.
    Am I better off haggling (ha! In French too--that should be fun) or doing it via email?

I've read the book--got a list of what to look at, and know I have to negotiate the price, and if it's the right van (going to see it Wednesday) then I'll do my best!

Not sure there is a huge amount selling here at the moment--seen some FSBO been online for weeks and still for sale, so hoping I can settle at about €17K if right vehicle. Does that sound about right?

4. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Try googling your motorhome to find comparative prices. It seems your's is about £1K - £1.5K overpriced so I would haggle hard.

Norman

5. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

I woul dhave thought ot pointless hagling without seeing it. Myself, I would go and check it out, make a list of what you want done on it, ask about warranty etc,......then write your offer on a card with your contact details on, and go home. Dont let any acceptance of offer be at the expense of warranty or condition. Good luck.

PS, did the above myself just recently........and i dd,nt have to go home.

6. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Payload would be my main concern, Hollyberry. It's definitely nowhere near enough for five people and would be touch-and-go for three or fourbut probably OK for two.