Elegance i821

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by pharvey1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. pharvey1

pharvey1 Deleted User

Any other owners out there :thumb: top van and now that we have settled into it, think it was the best choice, looked at the Argos for a few months but got a great deal that we could not turn down:BigGrin:

Anyone else got an Elegance and want to pass on all the learning points, or problems I have yet to find?:Eeek:

2. thefman

thefman Read Only Funster

hi we were originally going for the elegance but opted for the performance instead
    as there's just the two of us normally we really didn't need the front over bed.
    the layouts are virtually the same the only problem we had was the lack of lighting around the rear so i had a couple of halogen strips fitted and that cured it.
    great van though good choice:Smile:

mark.

3. sparky

sparky Funster

hi pharve1

hi i bought eligance i 700 new in aprill 2008 on 3.0 litre fiat had and still have problems hartal entrance door been a nightmare cab door rains in both cab doors hard to open from inside paintwork bubbling on front wing trauma heater main circuit board failed screwws fell out of table supports not happy with build quality my first burstner like the van but would not buy another burstner a class my van has been back at dealers for nearly two weeks sparky

4. marymo

marymo Read Only Funster

I am going to look at a Burstner Eleg. 821 on Tuesday - considering buying new in the New Year....are you still happy with yours, any problems or things I should Look out for.

5. rabbie

rabbie Deleted User

Burstner

We have an Elegance i681 which is a two berth. This is a great layout for a luxury two berth. We have looked at many other A Class vans but have not seen anything to compare with the space and layout. The shower and end toilet is superb and you can easily seat 6+. We've had the usual teething problems but on the whole a very good outfit.

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

In view of the trouble with Fiat chassis before buying would check the state of play regarding transmission problems. This a long running saga for about 2 years now, and still not finally resolved.

Just a friendly warning.

Dave:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. mnk303

mnk303 Read Only Funster

Burstner Elegance 821

I am about to buy a Burstner Elegance 821 after a test drive ttoday i noticed how much it rattled, some of this was due to things in drawers but i was dissapointed so i weas a bit worried is this normal. Several people i spoke too say that all A class do.

8. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

What I was warning about and getting you to read was:-

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/fiat/11804-ducato-reverse-judder.html

Just so you know.I myself went for a Ford this time in view of the problems and so far have been happy with it.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I haven't got a Burstner but I do have a Hymer Elegance, wow what a wonderful van, so well laid out and the spec is MASSIVE, the thought and detail that has gone into that van makes so many other vans look peanuts.

Ugly looking beastie from the outside but the inside...................

(Not trying to sell it, just an honest comment on a van that really makes me drool)

Peter