electrolux rm4267 fridge replacement needed (1 Viewer)

Alisoncam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Perth Scotland
Funster No
Exp
My fridge has given up the ghost -can anyone recomed somewhere that sells fridges reasonably priced -my local dealer wants almost £600 for an equivalent. thanks

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi which bit has given up ????
does it work at all?? on gas?? mains?? 12v ??
or it may need re-gassing.
someone out there may be able to repair this for you.

andy.

OP
OP
A

Alisoncam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Perth Scotland
Funster No
Exp
not sure which bit -but the man who does my servicing etc -is/has been a motorhomer/caravanner for years etc and is qualified said I need a new fridge. Not sure if its the gas or the motor - silly question but can the gas on fridges be refilled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hoggan1971

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
My fridge has given up the ghost -can anyone recomed somewhere that sells fridges reasonably priced -my local dealer wants almost £600 for an equivalent. thanks
maybe its just the element there are two , 12v and 240 easy changed cost but 30quid.either that try ebay

OP
OP
A

Alisoncam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Perth Scotland
Funster No
Exp
all i know is the lights work on the 12/240v and the gas is light but it doesnt cool down it goes warm. thats no good for my beer or wine!! lol

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
trick of the trade

take fridge out turn upside down for 24 hours , turn correct way up and try

most caravan / motor home fridges are not gassed but have a mix of 2 liquids that can seperate when standing , this trick remixes them

try it as have nothing to lose

just replaced our fridge freezer in motorhome with new thetford one which is superb but old one now working fine after doing this trick from our fridge enginners, will keep old one for future van convesion project now :thumb:

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
If you do need a new fridge it would be worth contacting Ken Carter at Magnum Motorhomes in Grimsby. He has a vast stock of motorhome stuff, he builds vans and sells all the parts you would need for a self build too, very helpful chap.

http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk/

OP
OP
A

Alisoncam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Perth Scotland
Funster No
Exp
thanks for all your help - we had fridge out and upside down etc but still not working -so rather than pay for a brand new one we got a replacement one from a caravan breakers in Wales who were very helpfull and didnt charge to much for carriage

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if its an identical model it may be worth keeping the old one, storage permitting of course, as there are many expensive, replacable parts on it.

heating elements, gas burner assy and tube etc and even something as simple as a door catch....they all cost money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back