pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
Does anyone have a good idea for the locking catch on these fridges?we have gotten through two now,they are so easily broken?:Blush:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They always break. !!

On my last van i gave up, took off the plastic part and just used to slide over the metal catch. Then had a little peg on a chain to keep it in place...
Not sure if it's the exact same model but they are known for it...

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
OH has done it.ours is a push/pull pin.the grey top always comes off as you pull!there is a lil cap that fits in the top and they are so tight it eventually comes off and no amount of glue will hold it in as the case it pushes into is tight.so OH has discarded both the top and the screw bit and in his box of screws etc etc has found a screw on cap that has thread already in it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I thought it was normal for every thing in a euro box to brake
Plastic fittings . Light weight flimsy materials every where locker doors and catches
Six months life span and a twelve month warranty :Eeek:

Or am I getting mixed up with caravans ? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
haha.when we bought our hymer it had broken handles,catches,yes alsorts as you say.but then she was 24 years old.
however we used to had a swift caravan that was only a couple of years old when we had it and bits used to break one after another.it was one of the reasons we sold it.it looked beautiful but we were scared to touch anything.the hymer is alot more sturdy though.:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
[HI]I thought it was normal for every thing in a euro box to brake [/HI]Plastic fittings . Light weight flimsy materials every where locker doors and catches
Six months life span and a twelve month warranty :Eeek:

Or am I getting mixed up with caravans ? :ROFLMAO:

:Eeek: Think you have been lucky, Ian..

Voice of experience... Less than a 2 year old RV, 8K miles on the clock, under 2K in my ownership, and most of that done going back to dealer.. :cry: =

Water Leak, back to dealer 300 mile round trip... fixed "No", ended up fixing myself.
Hydraulic Jack leak, back to dealer..
First time tried to lift jacks at home... Motor stopped working, they had to come to me..
Rumble in axle... back to dealer.... re shimmed.. :whatthe:
Shackle holding Leaf springs together broken.. too dangerous to drive to dealer, had to come to me.. (At least I didn`t have ANOTHER 300 mile round trip..)
ABS alarm going off.. back to dealer.. loose rear wheel bearing...
Sagging floor in kitchen area... need to cut out floor, reinforce with beams and reininstate floor and cut lino and relay...

Need I go on...... hence going back to a Eurovan... Would I have another one... "Yes" .. if some one was to give me one... :RollEyes:

Sorry Pamella, for going off topic on your thread, but... :Doh:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back