Electrolux RM122F fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by corktina, May 31, 2013.

1. corktina

corktina Read Only Funster

HI there , my new 1987 camper has this fridge fitted which could be in better condition. The rocker switch for ignition is missing and i'm not sure I can light it by other means...advice would be welcome.

Alternatively if anyone had a working unit or even better the 3 way version (I think its RM121E) for sale I'm heading for southern UK tonight for a week and could collect.

Unfortunately I wont be in the Camper this time as I only just got it registered (it came from the Cotswolds via Ebay) and need to get it tested and taxed yet.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

where in the southern Uk, I have one that might suit in ilfracombe.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Our son's 1981 camper has a RM122 fridge fitted.

The rocker switch is for the 12v circuit which is used when the vehicle engine is running.

Gas ignition is by a control knob as shown HERE.

4. corktina

south but not that far west unfortunatley...nice place to be though

5. corktina

as far as can see from the online manual i found, the rocker switch is the gas ignitor, it flashes during the ignition process and has a steady light when lit. You hold in the knob you describe having turned it to the number three position at the same time.

The manual does not state there is a switch to convert over to 12v, it merely says connect the wiring provided, presumably through a suitable external switch. Mine appears to be hardwired in through a fusebox and thus sgould work automatically when the engine is running I imagine (you might guess I'm on alearning curve here!

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

OK. I don't remember Rob's fridge having a gas igniter rocker switch. I thought it had a push button igniter as on page 8 of the manual HERE. Unfortunately his van is several miles away so can't check :Smile:

I did, however, remember that there is a rocker switch in the 12v circuit because we identified when fixing the wiring :Smile:

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

On further investigation I made a mistake. Rob's ridge is the RM122, not the RM122F.

I found a manual for the RM122F HERE which has instructions for a couple of different types of control on page 9.

8. corktina

ah yes that would explain it, it's not the push-button ignitor type.thanks for the help any way.

I have a gas lighter thing , I wonder if there is someway I could light the gas with that.

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I wouldn't try it. Gas can go bang :BigGrin: Better to get it checked by an engineer.