Electrolux RM 4260 fridge (1 Viewer)

MALLARD

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Funster No
Hi,
my Electrolux RM 4260 fridge has stopped working on 240 v , it's OK on gas & 12v
So I'm looking to replace the 240 v element , does any body know where it is ?? Do I have to remove the fridge to get to it or can it be changed in situ ??

Thanks in advance

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi,
my Electrolux RM 4260 fridge has stopped working on 240 v , it's OK on gas & 12v
So I'm looking to replace the 240 v element , does any body know where it is ?? Do I have to remove the fridge to get to it or can it be changed in situ ??

Thanks in advance

Its almost 100% that you will have to remove the fridge as the heater element is wrapped around the furnace pipe.

If you go to this site http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-Products/refrigerators/ you will probably find a diagram of the offending item.

Doug...

PS check your plugs and fuses first.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I replaced one years ago and it was quite simple once you could get at it. If you have a largish bottom vent panel you may be able to access it from there without removing the fridge (which is a pain)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
When I did mine not long ago I had to partially remove the fridge it`d a doddle make sure you buy the right heater there are a few, also the wires may be a different colour but it is easy enough Cheers Rob W:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back