Electrolux Fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Luckydave, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Luckydave

Luckydave Read Only Funster

Have an Electrolux think it's an RM4110 3-way type doesn't get much use but tried it last weekend didn't seem to be working on 240v tried the gas it lit and carried on working after 24 hours eventualy froze a small cooler block in freezer but only goes down to 55f in main compartment,tried it on 240v again and get same result what could be wrong with it?the fridge is quite old and I replaced the elements 3 years ago

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

could be a faulty thermometer, hee hee

3. wasp

wasp Funster

It could be the heater element I have just changed mine as I had the same problem, another problem could need re gassing.:thumb::thumb::thumb:hope that helps a little

4. Luckydave

I'm thinking that because it is working the same on gas as 240v it can't be the 240v element-or am I wrong to assume this,hope I am as an element is only around 30 quid

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

If you are competent with a multimeter, first check the 230v supply to the element, if no supply check the thermostat and the fuse, if ok then check the element .

Disconnect element and test the continuity with the multimeter.

If supply present at the element and the element ok , then it is either a lack of refrigerant or the refrigerant has become ( for want of a better word ) separated ..

As a last resort, remove fridge, turn upside down and leave overnight.. Replace fridge, leave for a few hours then switch on and leave for another 24 hrs.. If still no joy and it's an old fridge then I would consider replacing as it's not economical to have it repaired.

6. Luckydave

Well I have had the fridge out of the van left it upside down 24 hrs re-fitted it and it now works:Smile: will it carry on working after doing this or does it tell me it needs re-gassing?Big thanks to all advice given:thumb:

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Glad it's now sorted.. should be fine now and not need re gassing :thumb: