Free Member
Jul 6, 2012
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischcoff
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All, I am no electricity expert, I have a MH, a Niesmann Arto, on a euro 5 Fiat Chasis, it seems to be using a lot of the vehicle battery without any logical reason (The only thing 'live' when parked up and off is the imobiliser - and not the alarm that is off) when I look at the panel the vehicle battery is discharging at the rate of 2.1 to 2.7 amps all the time resulting in a flat vehicle battery after a week or so of being stood, does the usage sound right ? The leisure battery is fine and NOT causing me any concern - just the vehicle battery ? Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you !

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You have a parasitic drain, the immobiliser will not drain that amount of power - or shouldn't!

Biggest cause of drains are after market products, so look at the stereo/reverse cameras etc if fitted.

You can do a drain test if you have a multimeter to hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
With that sort of drain I would first suspect a diode acting up in the alternator
That would be my first port of call

Just disconnect it and check the drain again..

If it is not that all you can do is disconnect stuff a bit at a time until you find it....

One thought.. Some vans are fitted with an anti freezing heater in the grey tank.........

Might be worth having a scoot around that area too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back