mormet

Free Member
Oct 16, 2012
Derwent, Alberta
Funster No
MH
Monaca Knight
Exp
Hello to all, we just bought our first motorhome, 2001, Monaco Knight, brought it home last night, 2 hour drive all went well, got up this morning, to find the batteries dead, it is now plugged in, the plug ins work, but no house lights work,any suggestions, thank you

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
A few things to get you going. Others I am sure will chip him with additional suggestions. :Smile:

Did the lights work at handover, on EHU and Battery?

If they did, is the panel turned on. Some motorhomes the panel switches off when you start the engine, so you need to remember to turn it on and switch the light function back on.

It it is all on, have you checked the fuses and the battery fuses? Might also be worth checking your battery voltage if you have meter.

Good luck :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I take it you have an RV & in Canada?

I would suggest you get it taken to an RV repair shop, which I am sure there are many where you live. In the United Kingdom we have to do a lot more work ourselves as they are not so common placed.

If you had lighting when you collected it then I would suspect that the batteries are past there best... If it was on electrical hook up before you collected it then it may have been a case the owners were aware of the issue and just did not want to pay for new batteries. Also check that the master switch is not in the off position.. near the doorway.. That switch kills all the domestic side of the RV.. check and see if you have a water pump working.. if that is out then it points to battery or the master switch being closed.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Mormet, and welcome.

i would agree with Bob (slobadoberbob).
as its your first Rv there are thing you may not be aware of...like the house master/isolator switch which disconnects the batteries from the house fuse panel.

usually positioned near the habitation door and should be next to another identical one, on a common panel, which isolates the engine battery.

it/both will be a rocker switch/s.
press the bottom of the switch then try the lights again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back