Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,

Fairly new to this and looking for some advice!

I have a CI Mizar 2007 which was working fine until this weekend. The main battery was slightly down so struggled on start up. Went for a long run so the battery had a chance to charge up but now I don't have any power to the habitation area unless I connect to the mains. I suspect a fuse has blown but not sure where the master fuse is. I have checked the obvious fuses behind the drivers seat but they are fine.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Daryl

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I don't want this to seem cheeky, but have you switched the habitation power on at the wall switch - on mine it is above the door :Smile:

On mine (2008 Mizar) there is an isolator switch (Red Key ) under the driver seat. If this gets knocked you can loose power to the hab section. :Smile:

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Daryl
different than your probs, but I had trouble with the 12v on my last van it turned out to be a 20amp fuse close to the Hab Batt. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Coops74

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Appreciate the feedback.

I've checked the panel and switched it on so confident the problem is elsewhere! The isolator switch (red key) is also in the correct position so the problem must be a fuse but no idea where the master fuse is located?

I called my local dealer but can't check it for at least two weeks which is frustrating.

Cheers

Daryl

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
When you switched the panel on, I presume it illuminated and allowed you to select the various options for lights etc ? Is there a particular option that does not work ?
The individual fuses for each option is housed in the fuse box at the rear of the drivers seat

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Coops74

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The panel is not getting any power unless connected to the mains so unable to switch on if running on the leisure batteries. I have checked all the fuses in the panel behind the drivers seat and they are fine.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Get someone to press the power switch on the control panel while you slowly turn the isolator switch (Red Key) on and off. I had an intermittent fault with mine and only powered up when the key was in the correct position. When the key is right, the control panel should light.

Have you checked the in line fuse at the habitation battery ? it should be under the seat behind the passenger - This could be blown :Smile:

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
On our CI there is a large fuse inside a black plastic holder near the leisure battery. Just follow the wire along from the possitive terminal of battery.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
If it is the "Midi" fuse, it will probably be similar to this photo & requires a special fuse.

Link Removed

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Similar but mines like the one shown on the right here.
Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Coops74

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It was the Midi fuse that had blown. What I hadn't realised was there are two leisure batteries, one under the seat in the habitation area which I knew about (no fuse) and a second under the van in a tray which winds out (with the Midi fuse). The positive cable which goes in to the fuse had corroded through causung the fuse to have blown.

Appreciate all the replies as it was a great help in tracing this problem. I just need to repair it now!

Thanks

Daryl

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Glad you got sorted Daryl :Smile:
Just shows the differences in MHs - our under tray is not used on out model (Even though it is fitted) and both of the Leisure batteries areunder the rear passenger seat - no room under the driver seat as it is full of electrical gubbins ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back