Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Kentucky camp corral 2
Exp
since 2005
Hi never joined a forum before for anything but am at the end of ideas! total shutdown of all electrics in the living area of our Kentucky Camp Corral 2. (basically a rimor) Its been into two different motorhome garages and no-body has seen anything like it and as all instructions/labels are in Italian no one seems to know what to do. The led panel has never worked fully (we didn't know it wasn't showing everything) and the leisure battery is sucking life out of our new second leisure battery but not sending it anywhere! We have been told to look to change the charging block as a starting point. Really I guess we need to find an english manual for the van or someone with knowledge of these particular Italian electricity circuits.Thank you for reading.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Knackered leisure battery?

Try disconnecting all your leisure batteries and see if the electrics will run off the charger via electric hookup.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just one suggestion - we used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC and had a problem with the electrics, it turned out to be a loose connection on the charger in the battery compartment so check that everything it attached correctly.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
If you add a new battery to an old knackered one, the old one will quickly bring the new one down to its condition.
And a dodgy battery can kill a charger...

OP
OP
lizi D

lizi D

Free Member
Feb 4, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Kentucky camp corral 2
Exp
since 2005
Thank you all for the replies, We have had an email reply from Southdown this morning! fantastic response, in meantime will disconnect leisure batteries and go from there. Feeling a lot more confident about this now, garage we saw yesterday had said (worst case) an entire re-wire! a weeks work at 60 pound per hour!! they also suggested joining a forum first for advice, very glad they did!
Will update outcomes.

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We had an issue with our electrics on our Estro 5 the week before our trip to France last summer. Hubby can do lots but was stumped this time. After a lot of searching and researching found this guy http://www.atlanticmotorhomeservices.co.uk/, Allan.

5pm on a Friday night Allan says he can fit us in the following morning to have a look. We arrived from south west wales at 9:30pm to be met by Allan who gave us hook up for the night.
Saturday morning and Allan carried out a thorough inspection of our system, identifiying the problem and solving it.

His bill was very reasonable at £39 per hour for 2 hours work (in my mind I was expecting to pay 4X) and 7 months and many trips later everything is fine. Give him a call.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
2 possible faults jump out from your description,
a faulty leisure battery
a faulty disconnection relay

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Is it CBE electronics? What does it say on the charger or the consumer unit?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back