Electrical Issues (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Dear all, I have a problem with Udo's electrucs and could really use your urgent help.

I've just taken him out of heated storage for an iminent trip. He was working perfectly last year.

I've noticed one of his two leisure batteries is showing very low on charge. He wasn't out on EHU during storage and now he's on EHU at home, the battery doesn't seem to be charging. There's an electrical Neisch(?) trip thing for each battery and they're fine.

When I connect the EHU, there's an audible clicking as if the system is flicking between things. Not sure what, though.

All electrucs work with the exception of the Webasto. Once that's activated, all it does is blow cold air and the draw from it pretty much disables all other electrical items. I've isolation switches for lights, fridge, sockets, etc and they all go off when the Webasto tries firing up.

The system is trying to charge the flat-ish leisure battery (Optima yellow top) and with the Webasto on, voltage is pretty much showing zero.

Could this be as simple as needing a new leisure battery? The second one is fine.

Of note, however, is that we found the second leisure battery tripping out last year which resulted in it going flat. This also prevented the Webasto not working. This happened a fair bit. We reset the trip, it charged back up on EHU and all was well again. Webasto never failed to work after that. But this happened around 15 times last year.

Maybe I've answered my own question as the battery may have had enough.

However, I would really appreciate your help. I need to resolve this by Tuesday.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
New battery.

Without doubt, showing zero volts is a certainty.

What I don't understand is, if the two are wired in parallel then both should be flat...the bad one will drag down the good one to the same voltage.

OP
OP
Bellini
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I'm not sure they are wired in parallel.

Have a good Bosch in my 1973 Series 3 LR. I'll swap with that and see what happens.

Just need to identify which leisure battery is which...

Just to be sure, are there any other possibilities?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bellini
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Fitted a temporary Bosch 70Ah from my old LR and problem solved!

Will buy two new 75Ah leisure batteries now to replace the Optimas.

Thanks to you for your prompt and helpful replies! Much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back