LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The electric window on our 53 plate Boxer has failed on the passenger side. I have taken the door panels off but there's not much to see. When the switch is activated the motor clicks so there's power getting to it but I don't have any idea how the system works. Is it cables or an arm? Any ideas please?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From memory I think it's a bit of a rubber band affair and they can slip off.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I had same problems.mine was the motor.It's water that gets into working.tried lubricating it but nothing doing.only solution was a new motor.cost me around 90 pounds including Labour(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had the same problem a while ago now. I could hear the motor clicking when activated, gave it a tap with a spanner and it started working again. A week or so later it failed again and I ended up having a new motor fitted.
Brisey.

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks Brisey, that's just what ours is doing. Wondered if the glass was jammed but I can't budge it. I am going to the auto electricians for another job so I will have him take a look. (y)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Don't do what a friend of mine did when his windows wouldn't close, he grabbed the top of the windows that was protruding from the door with a pair of pliers and it shattered into a million pieces :(

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I had a similar issue with the passenger door window on our work van ( 05 Ducato) and after several attempts to fix it I gave in and fitted a new motor assembly. Can't remember the cost as it was a couple of years ago but not a particularly difficult job if you're reasonably handy.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back